Monday, January 31, 2011

Fun With Watercolors

(Now on the screen I see the smudges clearer than ever.... but aren't those candy - colors happy?)
Oh I want to learn to paint so badly! I have for years and the desire to learn is just getting stronger..... I was talking to a treasured friend and former student, Emily, last night, and expressed that one of my New Year's Goals was to learn to paint. I told her that I had been trying out watercoloring, and she urged me to post some of what I had been doing on the blog. So Emily, chickadee, here it is, just for you! **Smiles** (and here's a hug for being sweet and encouraging my efforts to learn)
I have been having such fun "playing" with the watercolors! Oh my! It is very relaxing, too..... For many years I have been able to take a pencil and draw most of what I see, and I find my eyes so many times searching out the lines and curves and angles of things, admiring them this way and that, trying to "See" how to capture it on paper, but I do not have the knowledge or skill to translate the drawing to painting.
Alas! I have NO ART training at all.... not even the minimal amount one gains from public school, for I was so ill for much of my young life that I had teachers and tutors and did school at home. But I have always had the desire and hunger to learn.....
And so I have talked to my best friend, my dear Jesus, about it all.....(isn't it wonderful to be able to share everything on our hearts with Him?? Even the things that others would consider silly! And to know that He not only listens, but understands and cares....that's the kind of God He is......)
Hmmm..... so I've been thinking..... perhaps I can take a Summer painting course at the local College! Now that is something to look forward to! Until then, I'll continue to have fun drawing, doodling and "playing with watercolors"..... it's joyful fun!

5 comments:

  1. that's great jen! the best i can do is paint by number haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being sweet...but I must say I had so much fun doing it! Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment, that made my day!
    Luv y'all lots, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one of the great things I love about blogging... I get to share my "heart things" and "happy moments" with all of y'all....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun, Jenni -- and I love your roses painting! I know you're excited about taking a class this summer, and I'll look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Janie! I appreciate you visiting today, and leaving a comment!
    Hugs, Jenni

    ReplyDelete