Thursday, January 13, 2011

The presentation is part of the fun......

(Click on photo for a closer look, if you'd like)

I enjoy giving gifts to my friends! And, to me, making elaborate bows and adding a charm or an ornament, is part of the fun! I am currently in the midst of crafting and making several different things right now, and so I thought today that I would share a package that I had decorated for a dear friend a while back. I found the darling Rooster bag, and red and black ribbon at Hobby Lobby. I looked through all of their beautiful Christmas Ornaments, too, and found the shiny black Fleur - de - lis. It was perfect!
I have used Christmas ornaments to decorate bags and packages many times, and not just for Christmas, either. To me, they often add just the right touch to "finish off" the gift. Believe me, the presentation of a gift is part of the fun!
Thanks for letting me share something that I enjoy with you all! I hope each of you has a wonderful day, rich with joy, love, and happiness......... and that, above all else, You Remember that there is Someone who loves you so much, He died on a Cross at Calvary for your sins and mine......And HE was (and is) the GREATEST Gift of all.......

5 comments:

  1. Loved this idea, Jenni, yours is so pretty. the bow is so feminine and delicate.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue! I don't know why, I have just always really enjoyed making beautifully decorated packages and gift bags. I love making "pretties" with my hands....

    Thanks for your kind words!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. These packages are so beautiful, Jen! I like the Christmas ornament idea...I never thought to do that. Speaking of Christmas...I bet you're gifts were too pretty to tear into. :-) Keep the posts coming. It's always good to hear from you. ~michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. excuse me..LOL..I meant---your gifts :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....M! thanks for taking the time to visit and comment today! that totally made my day, seeing you had left such nice remarks!

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete