Monday, January 3, 2011

"Farm Fresh"

(For a Closer look at this "Farm Fresh" arrangement, click on the photo)
Well, it's a new year, and I wanted a new look for the top of my beloved antique piano (which I treat much as one would a fireplace mantle.) Since I enjoy reading my sweet blogging friend Sue's Pear Tree Lane Farmhouse blog, and have fun looking at the pictures she has taken from various spots around their farm....... I thought, why not do a country look for the next several winter months? I found the perfect tin milk pitcher at Hobby Lobby, (They have it in black and beige, also), and I found the winter greenery with berries also at Hobby Lobby, for 50% off. Woohoo!
The two cute Willow Tree figurines flanking the arrangement are gifts from a dear neighbor, and I treasure them, because she gave them to me, (she also gave some to my sister, who lives across the street). Cissy is the best kind of neighbor to have, kind, caring, and so sweet and helpful to let our labrador retriever out when we have to be gone..... she and her husband gifted us with the most gorgeous poinsettia plant at the first of December, and it is still brightening up our porch.
So far, the new year is off to a great start, and I am trusting the Lord to take care of the rest... I know I am safe in His Hands... there is no doubt about it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment