Thursday, January 20, 2011

One of the Ladies........


I was going through some vacation pictures, and came across some photos I had taken before Hurricane Ike unfortunately visited Texas. Not being able to take all of my beautiful porcelain doll collection with me when we left town was really bugging me, so I made sure to take pictures of my favorites, just in case.....
Thank the Good Lord our house was not hit badly, although a couple of streets over was nearly destroyed by a tornado, and a couple of blocks over from that was ruined by the high storm surge coming up the bay.
Anyway, I thought I would share this photo of one of my dolls made by the Seymour Mann doll company. The doll artist was Gwen McNeil, I believe.
Isn't she pretty?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful doll, jenni, so dainty I have been collecting porcelain dolls for years, I don't have a Seymour Mann though, but my mother does. I am glad your home and your dolls were save during the Hurricane Ike. We have been blessed through the last two hurricane seasons.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue! I hope you'll share a photo some day of some of your "pretties" too!

    And we were sooo relieved to return home after hurricane Ike to find the house still standing! God was merciful and good to our family....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, M! It's always fun to see you have left a comment...thanks!

    ReplyDelete