Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"There is a River"

(Click on photo for a closer look, if you'd like)
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have recently been going through some various vacation pictures. As I was looking, I came across this photo I took of rushing water near where we had our 2009 Oklahoma family reunion. When I saw this picture, an old song came to my mind, and I thought I would share the lyrics with all of you...... it sets to music John Chapter 4 in the Holy Bible, where Jesus meets the Samaritan woman at the well. How beautiful is the Love of God! He does not want anyone to be lost without Him........
"There is a River" words and music by Max and David Sapp
There is a river, that flows from deep within,
There is a fountain, that frees the soul from sin.
Come to these waters, there is a vast supply
There is a river, that never shall run dry.
There was a thirsty woman, Who was drawing from a well
You see her life was ruined and wasted, and her soul was bound for hell.
Oh but then she met the Master, and He told about her sin
And He said if you drink this water, you will never thirst again.
There is a river, that flows from deep within,
There is a fountain, that frees the soul from sin
Come to these waters, there is a vast supply
There is a river, that never shall run dry

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Thanks

    Sis. Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for stopping by!
    Luv you bunches, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Jenni, I love this song, and Bill Gaither sings it so beautifully, thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sue! I love the way the Gaither Vocal Band sings it, too!
    In fact, I just really enjoy the Gaither Vocal Band, period! **Smiles**

    How neat that you like them, too!

    Hugs, Jenni

    ReplyDelete