Friday, January 21, 2011

Fruit and Goodie Baskets

(Click on photo if you'd like a closer look)

I just finished assembling and shrink - wrapping some fruit and goodie baskets for the special speakers ministering at our Church this weekend. I am so thankful my sweet Mom was able to help me with all that wrap...... **Smiles** I am also glad she and my sister accompanied me to Hobby - Lobby tonight to look for the perfect little cream - colored name cards and gold ink and Fleur - de - Lis stamp to personalize each basket....
Our Church is celebrating (and I do mean celebrating, as in rejoicing) in our Pastor's Forty - year Anniversery at our Church.
I must say my Pastor is the best! I love him and his dear wife so much, more every day, it seems. There are no words to express how much they mean to this girl.....
They are true Christians, and total gifts from God to me, my family, and our entire Church family and community! They have given of themselves so sacrificially time and time again, and I just know their rewards in heaven will be great......

6 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed being in service with you all!! It was fabulous. Bro. & Sis. Jackson are so special to me. It was so good to see you again. It seems like it's been forever. Your baskets are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, M! You are so nice! It was awesome seeing you again too, and your family, too. I got to give your mom a hug and say "hi" but didn't even see your Dad except at a distance.

    Last night was a wonderful service... it just makes me wish the Jacksons could have forty or fifty more years....I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing and what a celebration, it speaks so highly of the kind of man he is, by being a pastor at one pastorate for so long. How blessed you all are, Jenni, and it seems you already know this,!How thoughtful of you to make these baskets, and that says something wonderful about you too. I too am so blessed to have my mother with me, and she is so helpful too. May this week bring many blessings to you and your congregation, we are in revival at our church this week, please pray for us.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue! Thanks for your sweet comments! And you are right, we are so blessed of God to have the Pastor He has given us.....

    And I'm glad your Mom is helping you too! Aren't Mothers wonderful? Oh my! I am so thankful for mine....

    Here's a hug for you too.....
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I just LOVE fleur-de-lis..hmmm.wonder why? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm.... I don't know why, you Louisiana girl, you! he he he

    ReplyDelete