Monday, March 14, 2011

Tears for Japan

(This photo of gray skies over water just appealed to me today; it was taken at our 2009 Broken Bow Reunion)
My heart feels broken for the Japanese people who are suffering from the terrible earthquake and tsunami last week....... I keep thinking of the little children and the elderly; both age groups are so vulnerable. And so I have been turning my worries and sadness into prayer. All of this has brought an old song to my mind today.
"Tears Are a Language God Understands" by Gorden Jensen
Often you wonder why, tears come into your eyes
And burdens seem to be, so much more than you can stand
But God is standing near, He sees your falling tears
And tears are a language, God understands
God sees the tears of a brokenhearted Soul
He sees your tears, and hears them when they fall
God weeps along with man, and He takes him by the hand
Tears are a language God understands
When grief has left you low, it causes tears to fall
When things have not turned out, the way that you had planned
But God won't forget you, His promises are true
And tears are a language God understands
May God Help, Heal, and Strengthen the dear people of Japan.....

4 comments:

  1. Our hearts and prayers go out to those in Japan...I'm So very sad for all those effected by this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer... yes, it's such a terrible feeling to see other human beings suffering... But God hears and answers prayer... So I'll keep praying....

    Thanks for stopping by my world today..
    Hugs, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Jenni, we are praying for them too. The pictures of the faces on the people just touch our heart so much, my dh and I look with astonishment.... I haven't heard this song in a while. I love the words so. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just looking at pictures on a London newspaper of the devastation in Japan.... it just moved me to tears....

    Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

    Hugs, Jenni

    ReplyDelete