Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Still Singin' In The Dark.....


Well, wouldn't you know it..... since I last posted about Songs at Midnight, a Trial (several actually) have come our way...... Spent last night into this this morning with my Grandmother in the E.R. She will be 80 in June, and was sooo sick......violently throwing up and in severe abdominable pain..... they think it Pancreatitis and a lodged gall stone, and they think she was passing the gall stones as well........ it was terrible to see someone you love in terrible pain.....
I am on my way back up to the hospital to relieve my Mom, right now........ As I sat in the E.R. early this morning I kept thinking about singing Songs at Midnight, and kept praying and reading some scripture cards I keep in my Purse......
Oh I felt Jesus near! He is a very present help in time of trouble...... He is so dear... a strong arm of Strength to lean on, and then.... when we can't even lean, He carries us....... I feel His nearness now......
and I will keep on singin' in the dark........

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni, I'm sorry about your grandmother, I'll keep her on my thoughs and prayers... hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer. I really appreciate your kindness and concern....

    Hugs back at you,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I will be praying for your grannie and your family. I love you. Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jaime! We appreciate the Prayer so much. PRayer changes things.....

    luv you bunches,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hate to hear that! I will be praying for your sweet Grandma.

    Love
    Sis. Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sis. Flowers..... we really appreciate all of the prayer.... Bro. Jackson came up and prayed for her today and then Bro. Mettlin called us to let us know they are praying, too...

    Thank God for the priviledge of prayer! What a gift to know that God Hears AND Answers every single prayer we pray....

    luv you,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenni. Will be praying for your Grandma. What would we do without God to keep us in times of trouble?! Praying for you as well, be at peace and continue to trust Him :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your grandmother, Jenni, I will be praying for her, and for you and your mother as you care for her....... And those songs in the midnight, always sustains us. Oh! how thankful for God's precious Word.
    I know your mom and grandmother are so glad to have you with them! Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am praying for your Grandmother. So thankful that you feel God's nearness during this time. Keep us posted concerning her progress. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, dear blogging friends... it's so encouraging to see y'all comments on here... and thanks for the Prayers!

    I just got in from the hospital..... and grannie was resting very peacefully.... Praise the Lord...

    She will have surgery in the morning if all goes well... and I am trusting the Lord!
    He is good all of the time....

    Hugs for each of you, and thanks....
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete