Sunday, March 6, 2011

He's the beautiful Rose of Sharon....


(another photo of a lovely rose in our friend Jack's rose garden)
As I was reading the Bible last night, this scripture really touched my heart:
Song of Solomon 2:1: "I AM the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys."
Not only is He the "rose of Sharon", He is the "Lily of the valleys" plural... that means more than one valley......
So I got to thinking about my wonderful, amazing Beloved Savior..... In every valley of trial, tribulation, or sorrow that I have walked through, HE has been the ONE lovely part present in every valley..... how I love Him! Walking with Him, and trusting Him, grows sweeter every day....
So here is the Chorus to another of my favorite old songs:
"I Found The Lily in my Valley" by Quinton Mills

I found the lily in my valley, I found strength when I was worn
I found a place to leave my burdens, I found a refuge from the storm
A place where I could trade my dark skies, for beaming rays of sunshine
I found the lily in my valley, And now He blooms all the time

12 comments:

  1. The rose is gorgous, it's my favorite flower...You picked a scripture that touched my heart and a song that lifted my spirit today...hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Roses are also my fave flower...

    and it's hard when one is going through a bad valley to see ANYTHING lovely or of worth in the midst of the trials... But Jesus truly will be the beauty there...

    the bright ray in the darkeness... the Peace in the midst of the storm... the Comfort we can turn too....
    He will not be distant or far away from us when we seek Him with our whole hearts....

    It's SO hard for me to remember this sometimes, so I am just encouraging myself! Smiles....and hopefully it will encourage y'all, too

    Thanks for visiting today,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful rose, and beautiful thoughts, Jenni.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, dear blogging friend....
    Have a wonderful evening!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni, God continues to bless me with inspiration from people like you. I sincerely appreciate your kind and gracious well wishes for my family -- and for the beautiful sentiments you shared in your post for Sunday.

    Affectionately,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Janie.... and I am so glad your husband is recovering and getting better after the surgery. I will keep him on my prayer list....

    Thanks for stopping by today!
    Hugs, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. This song is one that my deceased friend, (Wanda), brother and I listened to the night before the funeral. I had listened to the song in times before this happened, but now when I hear the song I think of this moment in the history of my life. It's such a sweet memory. God is so gracious to give us strength in times of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I had no idea that song meant so much to you... Thanks for sharing such a dear "heart" moment in your life....

    You are SO right about God being such strength to us in sorrow....

    What would we do without Him?

    And He never forgets about us, His children!

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jenni, that's such a beautiful song. Thanks for bringing it to mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your most welcome, Bobbi! I sure did enjoy your blog post today, too... so cute!

    Hugs, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the songs your posting! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww... thanks Sis. F! Songs and music have always been so meaningful to me...have you ever noticed that a certain song can put into words exactly what you are feeling?

    Thank the Lord for the gift of music!

    And thank you for visistng and commenting today... luv you so much!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete