Thursday, March 24, 2011

Meet Delilah Duck

(Delilah is about a foot and a half tall, though you can't tell it from the photo)
Last weekend, I went shopping at T.J. Maxx Homegoods with my sister, and saw this adorable duck. She is made by the Annalee doll company, famous for their mice and elves and bunnies and ducks... and all sorts of critters. I just had to have her! I thought she would be the perfect Spring decoration to place in the room where I teach piano lessons...... I really enjoy doing little things to see my students smile.......
And she is doing what I purchased her for.... you should see the smiles that she has gotten when the kids spy her..... one dear little man named Aiden (I have blogged about him before) named her "Delilah"..... I asked him to choose between some names and he liked Delilah the best, so Delilah it is!
Also: thanks for all of the kind comments and thoughts and prayers for my grandmother...... she is supposed to have surgery in the morning if all goes as planned. She was sleeping very peacefully when I left the hospital a few moments ago, and I prayed for her as she slept, knowing Jesus Christ, Who is the God of the Universe and the ages... is also the Great Physician!!! So there is no better place to be than in His Tender Care...... How I love Him!

8 comments:

  1. Delilah Is adorable Jenni, and I can just see the delight on your students faces. Thank you for the report, Your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs,
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the report, Jen. She is still in our prayers. Delilah is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni! I'm sending prayers for your grandmother, I pray that her surgery goes well and with no complications...I also hope she has a really quick recovery as well... Delilah Duck is so adorable! I'm so glad you showed a picture but now I want one!!! LOL! have a nice weekend! hugs, Jennifer :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there bloggy - buddies.... So kind of y'all to take the time to let me know y'all are still keeping Grandma and us in your prayers.....

    I have told her there are LOTS of people praying for her.... and she is thankful, too.

    and glad y'all like Miss Delilah Duck.....
    hope y'all smiled when you saw her, too.
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update on your grandmother. Still praying!

    Darling Duck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thanks for stopping by today, Sis. F. and most of all, for praying...
    Luv you bunches,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your grandmother, Jenni. I hope each day finds her feeling better and getting her strength back. I will remember her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Janie. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete