Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Koi Pond

(Click on photo for a closer look; you can glimpse the orange Koi fish)

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, we spent Thanksgiving with some very dear friends. We love going to visit them because they have a lovely home set on beautiful wooded acreage full of all sorts of wildlife. Another reason that we enjoy going is because it is relaxing and fun, and the grounds surrounding their home has plenty to see! Of course, the main reason we like to go, is to spend time and visit with them!

Our friend Jack is very talented with his hands, and it seems he can build or put together or grow whatever he sets his mind too. I teasingly told him yesterday that I thought he could build the Eiffle Tower on their property, if he set his mind to it!

One of his projects is the lovely Koi fish Pond that is pictured above. I am certainly no photographer... **sigh** I wish I were better with a Camera, so I did not do the pretty pond justice. I missed the Waterfall in this picture... but caught the gorgeous flowering plant and the bench. If you look closely, you can see those amazing Japanese Koi swimming around, and if you look to the background, you catch a peek at the Gazebo that he built as well.

One apect of our visit that was especially fun, was meeting a new dog that they had "collected". We tease them that they have a "Ranch for Dogs" because it seems if there are any lost dogs anywhere near them, they end up with our friends. It is like the dogs have Radar or something... like they know they will be and cared for if they show up..... some stay for a long time, some for only a short span of time, but, while they are there, they are loved.....

I live in the Suburbs, surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the city. Can you imagine how fun it is for me to go for a visit, and to get to appreciate the wonderful, natural setting that surrounds them? It is something that I look forward to, and enjoy every time......

6 comments:

  1. Wow! a Koi pond! I've always wanted one. I just love them, and this one is beautiful. You can tell Jack has spent a lot of his time and heart into this. No wonder it's his pride and joy! Hopefully one day I'll get one, and it can look like this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I know what you mean. I have always wanted a pond, or at least a fountain or something....

    But I can at least go and look at Jack and Brenda's.

    Their home and land is so nice....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their place looks beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kathy! Yes, girl, their place is so nice and homey, we just love going there....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so beautiful and relaxing it must have been. This reminds me of the time that Robert had built a pond and had Koi and goldfish. We enjoyed it, but it was also a lot of work.

    Of course that was when he had a little more time on his hands.

    Jack and Brenda have a beautiful place. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with them.

    Later,

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I remember that pond that Robert made... it was really neat. I've always loved things like that...

    and Jack and Brenda's is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete