Saturday, November 27, 2010

All Those Beautiful Roses...

Today, for my final post about our wonderful Thanksgiving at our dear friends' home, I thought I would share a picture of some of the gorgeous Roses on their property.

Our friend Jack has the most amazing rose garden! He took me on a "tour" and told me all about them... and I really enjoyed it. He waited patiently as I took pictures, and answered all of my questions about my favorite flower. He has them in raised beds, in groupings by color, and even has hand made wooden plaques in front of each bush, listing the name of the rose, as well as the year it was planted. There are antique roses, bush roses, climbing roses, tea roses, and even some "knockout" roses! I was surprised to see so many blooms this close to December..... and oh my! They were so pretty!

Above is pictured blooms from the bush that he told me was his personal favorite. It's called a "Mr. Lincoln" rose, and I am kind of partial to it, myself.... I did like the pink roses, too, though, hmmm.... it's really hard for me to pick just one favorite!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous roses! I love all colors of roses, but the red ones are always my favorite. I agree that God is one talented artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, He is.... and He has given Jack D. a gift for growing them!

    ReplyDelete