Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks for Friends.....

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! Some dear and much - loved friends of ours invited us to share their Thanksgiving meal today. (For several years now it has become a tradition for our families to be together on Thanksgiving, and how we enjoy it!)

Pictured above is the table, all ready and awaiting all of that delicious food! The Roses are from some of the many Rose bushes that our friend Jack has put in around their beautiful home and acreage. (I will post more later about some of the delightful surprises scattered about their acreage.)
Oh my goodness! I ate wayyyyy too much! In my defense I will simply say this: "There was Cornbread dressing and broccoli-cheese-rice casserole. Who could resist?" Not to mention Turkey, ham, creamed corn, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake......
Oh, and Sweet Tea.... Ahhh.......What Southern girl would want to resist such yummies?
More wonderful than the food, though, was time spent with our precious friends..... I am so thankful to the Lord for them. What a blessing they have been to our family......

No comments:

Post a Comment