Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What a Lovely Shop in Canton, Texas!

This is a Christmas Tree inside "The Very Thing"




This is the faux tart I bought in "The Very Thing"

This past weekend, my family and I traveled to visit my Dad's Sister Joann, her husband Kennith, and their son Steve. They live near Canton Texas..... So in between visiting with them, Aunt Joann, Mom, and I managed to drive to Canton so that I could see the town that I have heard so much about, and have wanted to visit for so long. I didn't realize that my Aunt and Uncle and Cousin lived so close to town......



What a fun trip! We arrived in town just as they were putting the Christmas decorations up around the Courthouse.... and I got some lovely pictures that I will share with you all later! (And met the lady in charge, who is so very nice) I also spied a shop called : "The Very Thing" just across the way from the courthouse, and it looked so inviting, of course I just had to go inside! Oh what treasures we saw! The kind lady behind the register allowed me to snap a picture of this gorgeous Christmas tree all decked out in white and silver.... there were several other lovely trees, but this one was my favorite of them all! It seems the lady that owns this shop (as well as several other stores) is an incredible decorator, who has that special touch of creativity that is visible in every corner of her wonderful establishment......



I caught sight of the most delicious looking faux tartlets and sweets, and so of course I had to have one! The second photo above is of that yummy faux creation nestled among some of the decorations on our end table.... After all, isn't Christmas the time of year that visions of sugar plums dance in our heads??



If you are ever in Canton, Texas, you should try and visit "The Very Thing". You will be happy that you did.....

2 comments:

  1. That tree is gorgeous!! Oh Jenni, you're right.. this place is very nice!! Hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bobbi, for stopping by. And I hope your Thanksgiving is lovely, too!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete