Monday, November 7, 2011

Pretty Christmas Cards

(Click on photo if you'd like a closer look)
Isn't this card beautiful? I found it at Family Christian Stores, when my sister and I went shopping on Saturday.... Actually my sister spied it first and said "Look Jenni! Look at these!" She knows what I like... **Smiles** When I saw it, it touched my heart! To me, it shows the humbleness; the very ordinary circumstances in which this extraordinary miracle took place......the rather plain clothing, and the humanity of those in the picture.... (for that's the way in which He came, didn't He?? So humbly, among the mundane, among plain and simple people just like you and me..... and yet He was and is the Holy God of Glory.... Oh My! I NEVER want to lose the Wonder of it!!) That is my criteria for picking Christmas cards every year... either the picture on the card, or the scripture inside, or the saying must give my heart that special little tug..... This particular card says: "Praying your Christmas season is filled with the wonder of Jesus" and the scripture is Colossians 1: 15, 16, and 19..... the art is by Michael Dudash, and the Card is put out by DaySpring cards. I buy a lot of DaySpring Cards, because I love that they have scriptures, meaningful messages, and are pretty.....
We also went to Michael's and I found another box of Cards with Mary and baby Jesus on the front, and they were just perfect too. I'll be sharing those with you later....
My weekend was wonderful, and I hope y'all's was too!
Hugs,
Jenni

6 comments:

  1. How pretty! Just scan your cute, little curly-Q signature and add it to the post and save your postage. You gave it all away! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... but I have three boxes of different kinds of cards..... how do you know which one my precious friends the Wheelers will get??? Not these..... hehehe. You will just have to wait and see.... (besides, you may even get some of the hand painted ones I am doing)

    Thanks for leaving a comment! ;0) I luv ya bunches,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am very particular about my Christmas cards jenn, and love looking at different ones when I am out shopingi The one you have chosen, is beautiful,looks similar to mine.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, there, Sue! I am always so happy to find a pretty Nativity one..... you know, some don't look "right"; like my sister and I saw some the other day where Mary just looked funny.... but I thought these were nice. How neat that yours are similar....

    hugs from me to you!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenni! Yes, that is a lovely card...it's hard for me to pick out cards because there are so many different ones to choose from, I usually buy them when they go on sale after the holidays. My grandmother used to have a nativity scene that was similar in the colors on your card...I wish I knew what had happened to it, my mom thinks it was ruined when my grandmothers basement flooded many years ago :o( I think you picked a beautiful card to share. Have a wonderful weekend Jenni! Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Jennifer! So good as always to see your comment on here!

    Sorry to hear about your Grandmother's Nativity scene! That is terrible....


    My Mom bought me a lovely one this year.... I will be sharing it with you all alter on, and I hope you enjoy seeing it.

    I am so thrilled y'all got such a cute puppy dog....
    Hugs!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete