Friday, November 4, 2011

Holding their cute little Paws....

Here I am again, with my sister, pet - sitting for our dear friends... tonight was fun; the evening started with us going to Pappasito's Mexican Restaurant, to celebrate our dear friend Mike's birthday.... I forgot my camera, but I did manage to get reallly good pics on my phone of him wearing the HUGE Sombrero hat as everyone sang "Happy Birthday"... these pics are priceless, believe me! That sombrero was so big an entire family could set up house in there! LOL!! And our friend Mike was such a good sport about it.... I really adore his whole family.... they are kind, good people who are fun to be around...

After we ate, (I had the BBQ chicken salad with avacado ranch dressing, YUM!) my sis and I drove over here to be with these two darling animals that we love so much. I have already got lots of kisses and hugs in with the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, I just want to hug him to pieces! He is a sweetie.... and Alex the cat has got plenty of attention, too, I can assure you! He is an elderly kitty that is very loving and affectionate (and nosy, hehe) and we just love him....

Tomorrow we hope to get some shopping in..... I am hoping to find some really pretty Christmas cards.... I know it's old fashioned, but what can I say?? I love sending and receiving them... and I usually have them purchased online by now... but this year I am behind. I did get a box of cards after Christmas last year, they were on sale, (woo hoo) but I am definitely going to need more than one box... usually around three or four boxes gets everyone on my card list taken care of.... What about you?? Do you still send Christmas cards every year?? Do you buy them individually, or do you get the boxed cards, or the photo kind? I love those too....
It's a brisk, cold night here in Texas, and my heart is happy.... I just love this time of year..... when the air is cold and crisp, and the holidays are waiting just around the corner...... I hope all of you have a great weekend, as well! Please remember, God Cares and Understands!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni, I don't know if you got my last comment, I am so excited to hear about what is going on with you. How are yu and your family? I send my love to you, your Mother, Father, Kim and Husband, and Granny Clara, kisses, Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great birthday celebration with family at the Mexican Restaurant. I am trying to imagine your friend Mike with a sombrero on his head that is as big as a house, lol! :)

    Anyway, you sound very happy, indeed, and that's a good thing! I'm just amazed that you send out so many Christmas cards! Sending out 3-4 boxes at a time must keep you pretty busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great celebration you all had, wishing your friend Mike a very Happy Birthday.
    You and your sister remind me of my older sister and I, we always have such a great time together.
    I do indeed mail Christmas cards the old fashion way. ~smile~ I so enjoy going to the mailbox and getting a Christmas card, I try and find different ways to display them. This reminds me I need to get mine addressed and ready to mail. Christmas will soon be come and gone.
    Thank you for your sweet comment, I hope you and your sister enjoyed your visit, please say Hi to her for me. Does she have a blog.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Ladies... it's so kind of y'all to leave comments for me to enjoy reading! Thanks! And We are all well and healthy, Aunt cindy. I sent you an email, btw!

    MAdame, that sombrero was a big as a house.... hehehehe. (or at least it seemed to be) and that is Waaaay too many cards, I know! Smiles!

    Sue, I am gonna try to display all the cards we get this year.... usually put them on the old piano, but may hang them up on ribbon or something.... I love cards!
    Kim was tickled that you said hello to her, it made her night. She doesn't blog yet, but I am trying to get her to!
    Hugs for all of you friends!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenni! Wow, it seems like forever since I left comments. Thank you for stopping by to visit me :o) I love mexican food! and I wouldn't even mind wearing that sombrero either...LOL! It sounds like you all had a fun time. You wanna come pet sit for me...LOL!!! you wouldn't get bored that's a guarantee... we have all kinds of stuff going on...LOL!
    I can't wait for christmas and snow! this is my favorite time of the year...I used to send cards out but things got busy one year and I haven't sent any out since. I used to enjoy doing that so maybe I'll send a few out this year. I always bought the boxed kind at the after christmas sales and stocked up. I still have new ones that are from years past... I hope you had a nice day! enjoy your evening! hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenni,
    Hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for coming by and for taking the time to leave me such a sweet note. . You asked about the Candy Cane Lane tea. It is a tea that Celestial Seasons makes during the holidays, If you like candy canes you will like this tea, I will be having some tonight. ~smile~
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, Jennifer! I wish I COULD pet sit for you! Now, that would be fun.... getting to see your pretty house full of treasures up close.... and getting to spend time with y'all's darling furry friends.....WOW!

    And Sue, my weekend was just lovely! And thanks so much for letting me know about the Candy Cane Lane tea! I do love Candy Canes, and I am gonna have to try some!

    Hugs for both of you precious friends,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete