Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mimi's Cafe


(Click on photos for a closer look, if you'd like)

This weekend I fell in love with this fabulous "Chandi" at Mimi's Cafe'...... what a wonderful meal we had! Mimi's is a Jazz cafe..... not only was the decor chock full of country French and New Orleans flavor, Jazz music was also playing softly in the background..... sigh..... it was great!

Our server told me that much of the lighting and other decorations are antiques.... and I just drooled over this gorgeous chandelier. So of course I had to snap away and share it with you all.

The food was Fab, too.... they bring out a big 'ol basket of rolls, banana bread, and carrot bread, yumm...... our closest Mimi's are located in Pearland (and San Antonio, as well) so I know we will hopefully be making many return trips.....
Note: I just noticed that I captured a unique rendering of a French man and woman on the right in the top picture.... they are located just above the big gold Fleur-de-Lis, and below the photo of the kissing couple.... do you see them???
**Smiles**

4 comments:

  1. Ah, Jen, Where's a Frenchman when ya need him, uh sigh. (JK) Seriously,...such a sweet picture.

    From the photo and your description, it sounds like a wonderful place to eat. Glad you could get away and enjoy yourself. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe.... but did you see the "little French man and little French lady" I was talking about? hehhehe.... couldn't believe I got the BATHROOM sign in my pretty picture....

    Love you bunches!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Mimi's here too! That is where I go for lunch during our homeschool conventions each year. The kids love it too! I did enjoy the bathroom sign in the picture... too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so neat that y'all have one too...and yep, didn't see the bathroom sign until later when I enlarged the picture....
    hehehe

    love you lots,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete