Thursday, February 24, 2011

"God On The Mountain"

(Another picture from our 2009 family reunion in Broken Bow Ok. Click on pic for a closer look, if you'd like. See if you can spot the rushing stream to the left of the photo.)

I thought that I would share the lyrics to another old song that has meant a lot to me personally.

"God On The Mountain" By the McKameys

Life is easy, When you're up on the mountain

And you've got peace of mind, Like you've never known

But then things change, and you're down in the valley

But don't lose Faith, For you're never alone

For the God on the Mountain, Is still God in the Valley

When things go wrong, He'll make it right

And the God of the good times

Is still God in the bad times

And the God of the Day

Is still God in the Night

You talk of Faith, When you're up on the mountain

Oh the talk comes so easy, When life's at it's best

But it's down in the Valley, of trials and temptations

That's when Faith is, Really put to the test

6 comments:

  1. Awesome view Jennie, and the McKamyes are one of our favorite singing group. And this song too. Praying Jazz is doing well.
    HUgs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think it's so cool that you know all of these songs that I keep posting.... aren't they great songs?

    And thanks for praying for my lambikins; he is doing so much better, thank the Lord!

    No more seizures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song. Thanks for reminding me again...God is faithful, merciful, and ever lendeth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, my friend, M. Yes, Our Lord is all of those things and more...

    Luv ya!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sing this song occasionally! So much meaning!

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, it's def. an oldie but goodie...

    Luv you bunches!
    Miss you too!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete