Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby it's cold outside........


(This is a picture from 2009, actually, of my sister's mailbox in the snow)
Just like much of the United States, we in coastal Texas are experiencing a spell of cold weather.... Here in the Houston area, for days now, the children have been hoping, wishing, and waiting for snow to begin falling from the sky.
It is snowing to the north of Houston tonight, but we here in my hometown are experiencing mostly freezing rain and ice thus far..... I hope everyone is careful in the morning...... traveling on icy roads is NOT generally a good idea...
Our Bird bath is frozen solid, and I saw a squirrel perched on it's edge earlier today, trying to get a drink... I felt so sorry for him, poor little thing..... so I filled up a pitcher of water and took it out there, but he did not come back down again..... I also put some pecans out for him. Maybe he will find them tomorrow..... I hope he is snuggled up somewhere right now with his fuzzy tail wrapped around him like a quilt.......
Tonight I am thanking God for a toasty - warm home; and a soft, cozy bed piled high with blankets.....Thank you Lord.... there so many others that do not have these things.... please help me not to forget them.......

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni! Thanks for such a sweet comment on my blog. It does look like we have a lot in common... our love for the Lord and for our dogs. Jazz is simply beautiful!! I'm glad I found your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! Thanks for stopping by "my world" today, Bobbi! And for the sweet comments, too....And yes, the Lord is my strength and my song, and the love of my life! And I get really sappy over my Jazzy - boy... he he.It's neat to fine someone out there like me....

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete