Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Nativity - Topped Piano










(Click on any of the photos if you'd like a closer look)


I had such a wonderful time the other evening, decorating the top of my antique Piano! For several years I have wanted a Nativity Scene. but could never find one within my budget that looked just "Right". So I was so excited and touched last month when my Mom and Sister announced that they had found the perfect one at Kirkland's, and bought it for me..... they are so dear to my heart! I just couldn't wait to put it up..... and I knew the perfect spot.... on my Piano top...


With this in mind, I kept my eye out at the Houston Nutcracker Market for a nautral looking swag that had a slightly shaggy or wispy look..... (I just had a picture in my mind of what I wanted, LOL, and nothing else would do) so I was happy to find these swags with apples and berries and long needled pine.... with touches of gold here and there......

The Nativity didn't come with a stable backdrop, so I thought, Hmmm..... maybe I just get a couple of tiny pine trees and add lights to sort of illuminate it more and frame it????? I was happy with the result! Thank so much for taking the time to look at my photos! I hope you all have a joyful weekend!
Hugs,

Jenni

9 comments:

  1. Jenni, I am sitting here with my mouth open, what a beautiful nativity, and what a beautiful job you did with decorating, absolutely stunning. I need you to come and help me finish mine. ~smile~
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, dear friend Sue! And I am loving the photos you are sharing of your Christmas decorations, too....

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni! Your nativity scene is gorgeous, you did such a nice job putting it all together...Your Mom and Sister were very right, this nativity set is perfect for you :o)
    Since I paint ceramics, I have always wanted to paint my own set but I never found the time and when I had the time, I couldn't find the set I wanted...perhaps one day. Have a nice Sunday! Hugs Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Jennifer! What a beautiful Nativity that would be! All hand painted by you... definitely one - of - a - kind..... if you ever get to do it.... I realy want to see pictures!

    Thanks for stopping by, dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!!!!I love looking at your decorations. gives me inspiration on some of my things:) love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ya bunches, too, thanks!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, Davina, thanks for taking the time to comment. you are a sweetie!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Sis. Flowers....

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete