Monday, December 5, 2011

Just enjoying the season....

(This is a photo of our table - top tree in the living room)

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Christmas Season so far.... I'll bet you are all realllly busy! I have been, too. One of the things I am really enjoying is hearing my piano students playing Christmas Carols.... don't you just love Christmas music? It is so timeless, and brings back so many happy memories of fun with family and friends.... it's the musical background for our childhood excitement as the month of December drew closer and closer to the "day" we waited for so anxiously.....
And the words to my favorite Christmas songs, "O Come O Come Emanuel" "What Child is This" and "Joy to the World" tell of the longing of a lost world for a Savior, and of the joy that reigned; even filling the Heavens with Angel's songs, when He finally arrived......

I also like some of the other Christmas tunes, too.... like: Harry Connick Jr. singing "Santa Claus Santa Claus, must have been old Santa Claus" ( I just love Harry Connick Jr.'s music in general, though!)...... do y'all know that one?? or what about: Elvis Presley singing: "It's Christmas time pretty baby.... and the snow is on the ground..." and of COURSE "I wanta hippopotumus for Christmas, only a hippopotumus will do"..... ever heard those??? And who could leave out "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch!"
What are some of your personal favorites????

Hugs!
Jenni

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is 'Mary Did you Know..' Love your Christmas tree Jenni! It's so colorful JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! HUGS AND LOVE from Gracie and me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobbi! That one is a classic! I really like it too....my fave version of it is by Michael English, though Wynonna and Kenny Roger's version is pretty too.....

    Hugs back at y'all....

    :0)
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete