Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Gift Bag, and Joyful Thoughts......







(These are photos of the gift bag and hand made card I crafted today for someone very special to me... thought I'd go for the girly - girl pink, green, white and cream look, rather than the traditional colors.... I hope she likes it!)


Wow! Today I learned the meaning of the words "Christmas Rush"!! LOL! I got a lot done, though, so it's all good..... I am still up in the wee hours, though, washing some clothes.....


But it was a good day! I sneaked over and played santa for someone..... left a card and gift bag full of goodies where she will find it tomorrow.... what fun! And, as I drove home, I had the radio on, and was listening to Christmas Carols, when the wonder of what God did for mankind so long ago, just swept over me, and I wept..... to think that He, the Awesome God of the Universe would come to this earth and put on a robe of this old, human flesh, so that He could die for our sins...... oh my! I got to thinking: "Lord, You know what it's like to be flesh and blood.... You have felt what it's like to walk around in fallible flesh, You understand how that we humans can start out with good intentions and then make mistakes"..... for, although He knew no sin, my friends.... it says that He was: "tempted in all points like as we...." go read Hebrews 4:15.... isn't that amazing????? He is so very good.......His Mercy endureth for ever! I am rejoicing in Him this morning!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni! These same thoughts have been sweeping through my mind... and as I held Summer just minutes after her birth and watched her lengthy cries, and then as she would catch her breath.. I thought about that breath of life... wow! What a miracle! And then about the REAL MIRACLE and how God humbled Himself and came to a sinful world to offer us a Saviour who would deliver us from our sins and give us hope and eternal life. It saddens me at Christmas time to watch people out there in the shopping world with the me-me-me mentality... when God's purpose was for us to be thinking just the opposite. What a great post this is!! I'm so glad to have a wonderful friend like you who thinks of others so often!! (((HUG))) Love you Jenni!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, dear Bbbbi! Oh my! to thank that Jesus Christ is God in the Flesh! He could have chosen an easier way than that difficult road from Bethlehem to Calvary .... but His awesome, Amazing love caused Him to Give His life for our sins.... Wow! I love Him so much that words fail me.....

    and I know you all must be feeling very strongly the wonder and miracle of life after sweet Summer has so recently joined our world..... Bless you, and please give her a hug from Texas from Me!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweet Jenni! :o) That bag is gorgeous, I'm sure your friend is going to be thrilled to receive it. Thank you for the beautiful comments you left me, I'm so glad I met you to! Your blog has been so inspiring and I look forward to visiting you for many more years. I'm wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a Very Happy New Year! Hugs and Love! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post...thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete