Sunday, June 5, 2011

More Petsitting Fun

















This Weekend, my sister and I got to go and petsit for our dear friends Kathy and Tommy. We only cared for the the one cat, Alex, this time, because Kathy took the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Jazz, with them to her daughter's. Sadly, the other precious kitty, Toulous, recently passed away.
My sister and I just gave extra love and attention to Alex. We managed to fit in some shopping, too, and I got the cutest pair of bling-y flip flops. I just had to smile when I saw Alex had gotten comfortable right next to the flip flops.... I guess he liked them, too!



We drove over to the nearby Lake, and were dismayed at how low it is getting due to the terrible drought we are experiencing in this part of Texas.... imagine my delight, though, when I spied a Mallard Hen and Drake.... they were the only ducks on that part of the lake, and would not leave each other's side as they rooted through the puddles of water for tidbits to snack on. They were so sweet! They stuck really close together as they waddled up and down the beach, and even when they went for a swim..... I was glad to get a photo of them foraging..... please click on it and enlarge it, so that you can see the drake with his head in the sand. He looked so cute flipping the sand up with his bill....

The next picture is of some yellow coreopsis at the garden shop, a big old bug was having a time in those flowers, and I just had to get a shot.....

It was such a nice and peaceful weekend.... My sister and I knelt and prayed together in the living room each evening..... and what joy, being in the prescence of the Lord! One of the specific prayers I prayed was answered today, and I am thankful......Praise the Lord! He Alone is Worthy!






10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend, thanks for sharing. p.s. love the flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Yvette! yep, gotta love those blingy flip flops...

    hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni! Thank you soooooo much for all those lovely comments you left me while I was gone. I sure did miss visiting everyday but all is well and I hope all is well for you too. The kitty Alex you sat for is beautiful! love the coloring. We have had a lot of rain and are expecting more in the next few days.... when it gets here I'll send it your way ;O) Have a sweet week friend! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenni. What a beautiful kitty!!! I love that picture. The one you took at the lake is awesome. It actually looks like a painting.. how nice that you were able to get such a great shot.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Have a great week as well. Love to you from gracie and me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet that you and your sister had time together...and inspiring that you got to pray together too! Glad that a prayer was answered for you. A prayer was answered for me today...we got RAIN!!! O Praise the Lord!!..and supposed to get more tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, ladies, it is so awesome to see y'all on here, Jennifer, Bobbi, and Md. First of all, it RAINED here today too, praise the good Lord! That is def. answered prayer!

    Love to you all, you are so kind to come by for a visit!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and Bobbi, I thought that pic was pretty neat looking, of the ducks digging through the puddles in the dried up lake bed.... it was a wee bit darker, but was able to brighten it up a bit with a setting on my camera.....
    and Jennifer, Alex and his deceased brother Toulous do have the most gorgeous coloring... they are "pretty kitties"!
    Md, praying with my sister is something I cherish.... God is so good....
    Glad it rained for y'all, too!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are correct about the cars!! ;o) have a beautiful day! hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex is adorable, and why not love those shoes,I do, he has excellent taste!. I was so touched by how you and your sister prayed together at night.
    And the mallards are cute, they are always so entertaining here at the farm.
    You are such a treasure.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Ha! I thought those were corvettes, Jennifer! You are gonna have fun!

    Hey there, Sue! I love mallards. My Papaw raised a Mallard Drake from a baby years ago whe my sis and I were two and three, and that thing got to fat to fly, he followed papaw around like a dog, and would wait til my sister and I were playing in the sand and run by quacking, and flip sand on us with his bill.... he evidently thought it was hilarious! Sadly, he used to chase Papaw's car and papaw accidently ran over him one day... it just about killed papaw.... he loved that Duck....

    luv you bunches!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete