Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Daddy

This is a picture from Christmas Eve 2010. Dad was sitting in his favorite chair to open gifts. I am so thankful for my Dad! I have mentioned before on this blog that I was adopted, and I feel that God gave me the most loving parents a child could ever have. Dad has always been there through thick and thin, and I have never doubted his love for me. One of my favorite memories is of how as a child I was afraid of the dark, and Dad would come in every night to pray with me and read the Bible to me and assure me that God was with me. One night I woke in the dark after everyone had gone to bed, and was terrified, and whispered, "Jesus, please wake my Dad up and let him come to check on me!" Well, it wasn't but a few minutes, and there he came! "Are you ok?" he whispered, and, of course, since he was there, I was! I am so thankful for him, and for all the love he has showered on me all these years.......I love you, Dad!


I must say also, that I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father..... what would I do without Him??? He is my everything!






5 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have been raised by a faithful, God-fearing man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yvette.... Yes, I am so thankful for my Dad and Mom.... God has been so good. I can't Thank Him enough!

    Luv you bunches!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and You and Justin are terrific Godly parents, too... Just had to say that!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenni, this is such a sweet tribute to your father. And how blessed you were (and him too) to have been adopted by him and your mama. Psalm 126:3
    For you did not receive a spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry, "Abba, Father."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, there, Bobbi! Isn't God's Word such a blessing... I believe the Lord has a Scripture for every need or situation we face! Thanks for sharing those with me...

    The Psalms are always so refreshing and strength to my soul.... They, along with the book of Acts where the Church was born are my faves.....

    Thanks for visiting me today, dear blog friend!
    Hugs!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete