Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a Beautiful Day for the Lord to Come Again

(Yet another photo of our Oklahoma reunion)
This song has been on my mind very strongly today.......
"What a Beautiful Day For the Lord To Come Again"
As I wake up with the morning
of each day that passes by
and I listen to the sounds upon my ears
I can't help but keep a watch
toward the Eastern sky
And I wonder if the trumpet
will be the next sound that I hear

What a beautiful day
for the Lord to come again
what a beautiful day
for Him to take His children home
How I long to see His face
and to touch his nail - scarred hands
What a beautiful day
for the Lord to come again

All my earthly disappointments
and my trials here below
Just fade away
When I remember His last words
He said He'd return and
Receive His Children unto Him
how I'm longing to look
upon the face of my Lord

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni! I'll have to look that song up, I never heard it before. That's a beautiful picture, very peaceful looking. I hope your having a nice week. I was supposed to be on a blog break crafting but now I don't feel like it, just being lazy so I thought I would come to the blogs for a short visit....shhhhhh don't tell anyone I was by... :o) Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, What wonderful words to a beautiful song!! And thank you so much for all the sweet comments on my blog. You are such an encourager... your kind words mean so much to me! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ladies.... thanks for stopping by to say hello today! (And Jennifer, I won't tell anybody you cruised by for a visit!)hehe!
    I am so eager to what new things you will craft! They will be beautiful I am sure! May God Bless you and yours!


    And Hey Bobbi, thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! so glad and thankful Gracie is doing better..... I loved the pics today of Marissa and Gracie.....
    I am praying for God's greatest blessing upon you all, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this song.

    Didn't know 2nd verse. Going to write it down.

    Love
    Sis. F

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this song, but didn't know the verses!Love ya, Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis. F. and Jaime, so good to see y'all had visited today...

    Yes, it's a seemingly simple, but pretty profound song...

    and so appropriate for this time in which we live....

    Love you both bunches and lots!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song, I also love "Written in Red". Beautiful reminders of the promise in Scripture. Thanks for posting them!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so neat that you know those old songs, too, Carolyn! As a musician,I have a song on my heart constantly, and I love to share them with y'all......

    Jesus Christ is the Song Giver! He is my heart's song... and I thank y'all for letting me share the songs He puts on my heart with you.

    And thanks for visiting today, dear friend....
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete