Friday, April 29, 2011

Birthday Fun






I had such a good time today..... my birthday is actually May 5, but my family and I decided to celebrate early. First, we went to see a wonderful exhibit about the history of Texas, at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. I am a history buff, and LOVE to read about the past of my beloved home state! So you can imagine my delight and excitement as I got to see the sash worn by Sam Houston, stared at the spurs and coat worn by Santa Anna, and got a good close look at Davy Crockett's violin! (I am a fiddler, too, by the way, and how I wanted to hold that old instrument, tuck it under my chin, and put the bow to the strings) there were so many other amazing things; such as the "come and take it" cannon, original land grants and letters and documents, Native American artifacts, ancient Spanish coins, and many other relics from Texas' fascinating past..........

Then we went on to Galveston, where we had dinner and shopped on "The Strand". My sweet sister and brother-in-law bought me this gorgeous purse....... I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family! I am so thankful for them, for the unconditional love that I have been given all of my life..... I was adopted at birth, so I truly feel God Himself placed me exactly where He wanted me to be...... and I am so greatful, more than ever before, for my parents that raised me in God's Precious Truth!

I am looking forward to another year of serving Him.... when you walk with Jesus, every day is a joyful day! No matter what you are going through, He never lets you struggle alone..... He is always there to comfort and guide... and I know that this year will be no different! Praise His Name!

13 comments:

  1. Girl that purse IS gorgeous! I just might have to become a little thief:) Glad y'all had a day of fun though. I know it was fun; y'all are some of the funnest people to be around. Love y'all bunches:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenni,

    Sounds like you had a wonderful day and celebrated to the fullest! I see that Kim recognized your style when she sees it :) That is an awesome purse can't wait to see it in person.

    Wishing you a Happy Birthday even though it is a few days early!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Early birthday!! Enjoyed all the neat details of your fun trip!!

    Hope your day is grand!!

    Love
    Sis. Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, precious friends..... yes it was a wonderful day! thanks for reading and for all the Birthday Wishes.

    Love to all of you!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your post today. Thank you for the gentle reminder that with Jesus every day is a joyful day. He shines not matter what!! :) I hope you have an awesome b-day, Jen. Love the purse! Love you mucho

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to my loooong time friend! I love you bunches and hope you have a blessed year! Love,Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, M. and Jaime! I am blessed by y'all's friendship.... I was kind of dreading turning 38, but realize that age is just a number... hehe! And I have had so much fun, the b-day has been great this year....

    Love y'all bunches and lots! Thanks for stopping by!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenni! your such a sweetheart! Thank you for the beautiful commets you left me. I'm blessed to have met such a wonderful friend :o) That purse is awesome and so unique, I Love it! Your so right, God gave you a family as amazing as you are :o)...Now as far as history, my husband loves anything to do with the past, I like a lot of the victorian era stuff myself ;o) Have A Very Happy Birthday! and may you have many, many more to come! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by, and so thankful to have met you, too, dear friend! It has def. been a blessing and encouragement to me!

    Thanks for visiting today!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny. You make my heart smile with each post... what a beautiful person you are!! And I would like to take this time to wish you a wonderful birthday tomorrow. May your day be blessed more than you could ever imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thnaks for the comments and good wishes, Bobbi!

    I appreciate them very much! Hope things are getting better for little Gracie....

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, M! Love you bunches and lots!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete