Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Was So Glad!

(This is a photo I snapped today of some flowers on our patio)


What a wonderful Sunday! The sun shone brightly, the breeze blew gently, and, best of all, I went to the House of the Lord........ I got to talk with my Best Friend in the whole world..... and I rested and rejoiced in His dear Prescence..... I got to the Church in time for prayer before service this morning, and Jesus met me there! And then, during prayer time before evening service, He was there again in such a special way...... Oh the joy of His Spirit.... like cold, refreshing water in the desert....


And to think that He waits to hear from us.... to think that the Awesome God of the Universe actually enjoys communing with His creation.... What a Priviledge Prayer is! I Praise Him for that beautiful priviledge, God help me to never just take it for granted...


This Scripture has been in my heart today:


Psalm 122:1: "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD."

6 comments:

  1. Today I sadly missed Palm Sunday to attend my granddaughter's birthday party. I am always blessed by the Palm Sunday message and Thankful to our Saviour, The Lamb of God for taking away my sin, as Palm Sunday leads up to the observance of the biggest Sacrifice of All time - as God sacrificed His own Son to show His love for us.
    Loved todays Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweetie! Thanks for stopping by!

    It's amazing to think how the awesome God of Heaven and the Universe, robed Himself in flesh and came to die for our sins....

    as the old song says "there is no greater love..... no greater love!"

    your grandaughter is a cutie.... and I am so glad gracie is better....

    thanks for being such a great "bloggy friend," Bobbi!

    hugs, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo, Jenni.. and I agree with you Prayer is a great Privilege, I to am thankful for this privilege Wishing you and your dear family a most blessed Easter.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue! Prayer IS such a priviledge, but sometimes I have forgetten and thought of it as one more "chore"..... when instead it's such a wonderous blessing to get to talk to My Savior... I don't deserve it, but He is so gracious and merciful! I want to see it as the priviledge it is, and not forget and take it for granted....

    wishing y'all a beautiful Easter, as well, and gonna send prayers up for Will this Easter, too.
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenni! Your flowers are gorgous and that sweet bunny is adorable too...your patio must be a great place to sit and reflect on your day...I loved your post, I don't know what we would do without prayer. It's nice to know there is a place we can go where we are always welcome...Have a wonderful Easter! hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Jennifer! I know you DO love bunnies... because you make the cutest ones.... (psst I like them too, can you tell? and chickens and ducks.. and dogs and cats.. and hahaha...) We are just suckers for animals, arent we?

    Hope your Easter is wonderful, too!
    Texas hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete