Friday, October 1, 2010

When God Unfolds the Rose

I got a terrific idea today as I browsed through one of my favorite blogs....

The lady that does the blog had posted some song lyrics that were very special to her, and, since
she is a wonderful photographer, she also happened to have this gorgeous picture on there of a sweet little rose bud. Well, for me, when the image of a rose bud not yet opened is combined with the suggestion of meaningful song lyrics, only one song comes to mind! So, I thought I would post that song here for all of you to enjoy.

"When God Unfolds the Rose" - by Frank O'Brian

There've been times I thought my prayers, wouldn't even reach the ceiling,
of the room, where I knelt to pray,
And a voice inside kept asking me, did I think God was really listening,
to anything, that I had to say
But I just kept on a prayin', and holding on by faith, knowing God
is always in control...
And I waited like that rosebud in the garden, knowing only God can unfold
the rose....

When God unfolds the rose, He always gets it right!
When the petals are in place, Oh, it's such a beautiful sight
God knows when to hold on, and the perfect time to let go
So let God have His way, and watch God unfold the rose.

There are trials and tribulations, we must all go through,
When it comes to heartache, we've all had our share,
But when times are the hardest, we need to hold God
to the promise, that He'd never, give us more than we can bear.
So I'll just keep on a prayin', and holding on by faith, knowing God
is working all things for my good, and I'll wait just like that rosebud
in the garden, knowing only God can unfold the rose...

No comments:

Post a Comment