Saturday, October 16, 2010

It moved me to tears...

I recently received a new Christmas CD that I had mail - ordered. I know you are probably thinking (Christmas music?? It's only October!") So let me tell you a secret.... I usually start listening to some Christmas music on and off in September......

I can't resist. The music is so beautiful and the subject so wonderful it seems a shame to listen only one month out of the year....

The CD I purchased was the brand new "Christmas" one by the Isaacs who are one of my favorite groups that sing Gospel music. They have their roots in blue grass and country and play some of their own instruments: guitar, mandolin, and bass...

It reminds me of playing the violin as I grew up, and going to my grandparent's house in East Texas, where we would play country and bluegrass style Gospel music and sing. Papaw could play the banjo, mandolin, guitar, and a little fiddle, and Grannie could play the guitar. Those are precious memories to me, of us all gathered around singing and playing as other family members sang or just listened and requested songs....

There is one particular song on the Isaacs' CD that moved me to tears; not once, but twice... it is called: "Labor of Love" and is about Mary giving birth to the Lord... oh my! If you love Christmas music, you really should give it a listen in the upcoming holiday season.

I am so thankful for the gift of music! Didn't God give us an amazing and beautiful blessing by allowing us human beings to make music, sing, and also love and appreciate music? And He loves to hear us making music and singing praises to Him.... that is the best music of all...

No comments:

Post a Comment