Thursday, October 28, 2010

He's My Baby!


(click on photo for a close - up of that cute face...)

A friend of mine recently posted pictures on her blog, of her darling little boy, who was helping her pick up pecans.
Those pictures made me smile..... I do love children! Now, I don't have any kids of my own, but I do have my own "Angel - Baby," my black Labrador retriever, "Jazz". Those of you that have been keeping up with the blog will remember reading his "story" from a previous post, of how God let us find him, when he was starving on the streets as a pup.....
I was looking at some pictures, and came across this Christmas photo of him, and just had to share it with y'all! Isn't his permanent "got milk" mustache, cute?
Lately, when I shut the bathroom door to take a bath, he has started lying right outside the bathroom, in front of the closed door, until I am through. (I had mentioned in that previous post about how he doesn't like closed doors, and will fling them open with his nose and give us dirty looks...)
I am so thankful for my little hairy boy! I sing "You are my Sunshine" to him all of the time, and it is true! He makes me smile, and I am so very greatful to the Lord for blessing us with him. He has added so much joy to our lives!
Aren't pets wonderful? If you, too, have a cherished pet, be sure to give him or her an extra cuddle today, and tell them a special "hello" from Jazz in Texas......

6 comments:

  1. Jazz looks so handsome. Your post made me reminisce on all the pets we've had in the past. I couldn't help but smile.I still miss some of them so much. We've just recently adopted a cat(or should I say he adopted us); just showed up one day. We are not really cat people, but the kids have fallen in love with him. If he is still with us when we move, we will be taking him with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... thanks, Dav.! I'll never forget when y'all had Pete, he was a cutie, and a bundle of energy and fun!

    You know, I sometimes think the strays make some of the best pets....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Jazz had to bark because you said he was handsome...

    And he sent you a big 'ol sloppy Lab kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jazz is so adorable Jenni, love the mustache, we have always had labs, and they are the best friends one could have. Right now we are without one,but dh says we will have one for Christmas,he is going to get a Border Collie to help with the sheep. Thank you for coming by to visit, and for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't Labs wonderful, Sue? Like you said, they are "best friends"...

    I've never had a border collie, but have heard that they are loyal, and I think they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words...

    ReplyDelete