Sunday, January 13, 2013

Touching Jesus is all that really matters

Hello dear ones.... this song is on my heart this morning.  It's nearly 3:00 A.M.  and I feel terrible!  I'm running a pretty high fever even though I've been taking extra - strength Tylenol every four hours.....And I know I can only have 6 within a 24 hour period.... Oh My!  It feels like the Flu..... you know how even your skin aches and every joint hurts?

Well, I know where my help comes from....... and I am waiting for the morning so that I can call my dear Pastor...... I believe in prayer...... I know it works!  I have seen so many miraculous healings in my life time..... even experieced them myself......

So just bear with me for a moment, because I am going to do what David did in the Bible...... I'm gonna "encourage myself in the Lord"!!!!!

Several years ago....... I think it was in the Fall...... I became so sick with the flu..... was running a high fever....... well, I looked up at the ceiling in my bedroom and said "Lord, I am tired of being sick and I am ready for You to touch me and heal me!"  

I had just taken my temp. and it was over 102 I believe.....  I know it was pretty high...... so I got up and went and got the phone..... My Pastor was out - of - town at the time..... so I called the minister he had left in charge...... it was an elderly preacher that had great faith, just as my Pastor does....... I called him and told him "Bro. Derese, I am sick and feeling terrible with fever and I know God can Heal me...... will you please pray?"   and he said "Of course, Sister, we'll pray right now!!!"

And he began to call on the Holy Name of Jesus!!!!  And let me tell you!!!  I began to feel God's Spirit go all over me!!!!  Bro Derese began to feel it too!  He began to speak in a Heavenly language as he prayed....... tears ran down my face as I felt God's touch!!!!!  Oh friends!!!! there is NOTHING in this world like the touch of Allmighty God......

We finished praying, and I hung up the phone.....and took my temp again...... and it was 99. 1  (now remember, I had just taken it before he prayed for me and it was high)  a few minutes later, I took it again, and it was GONE!!!!!  and I felt strong and so much better.........

Praise the name of Jesus!  He is our Healer!  And I know without doubt He can heal me..... I want His perfect will to be done.......I love Him so.... Where would I be without His tender mercies that fail not???  His Compassion and Love and Grace are unfathomable......

Sharing this testimony has certainly encouraged me...... I hope it encouraged you too, that there is power, power, wonder - working power, in the precious blood of the Lamb!

This was just one instance where I have experienced Divine Healing....... It has happened many, many other times, and to my family and friends as well....... if you are in a similiar situation, please know that Jesus cares about you!!!!!!!  seek Him and Call on His Holy Name.......

I am going to...... and I'm gonna read His Word, as well........

2 comments:

  1. Your testimonies always inspire me. I truly needed to hear this one, as I'm still dealing with my digestive issues. The healing will be a slow process, but I am trying hard to simply rely on the Lord's timing to be "cured" of this illness.

    At any rate, I hope that you are feeling better soon. It's NO fun to have the flu, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! how He loves for His children to give Glory and honor to His name and healing power. I am praying for complete healing "in Jesus name".
    Blessings to you dear One.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete