Monday, December 31, 2012

Thankful Reflections for the New Year

(This photo is of a card I created recently, using a pretty image and flowers that I cut out from Crafty Secrets)

So 2013 is officially here! I spent a quiet evening with my family.... we went and had dinner at Texas Roadhouse.... and then my sister and I made a Wal-Mart stop and headed over to my Grandmother's to check on her..... and amid all the pops and booming of firecrackers.... one thought has been constantly in my mind tonight..... God has been SO good to us this past year..... He has answered so many prayers, and we've had plenty to eat,  a place to live, and everything we needed...... 

Earlier, I kept thinking, well, I'm still here!  And by that, I mean that God has kept me by His Grace and Mercy..... and that I am still in Church, serving the Lord.... with His continued mercy, that's exactly where I want to be this time next year, too! Like the old song says: "I've got no reason to quit"!!!!  I am reminded of the words of Peter, in John chapter 6 and verse 68, who said: "....Lord, to whom shall we go?  thou hast the words of eternal life."

You know, this new year may be rather difficult..... I know there are many changes in store for our Country, and for the World as a whole..... but I don't have to fear..... it's all in God's Hands..... and He never forsakes or forgets His Children!!

So I will Trust in Him.....
Thank You, Lord Jesus.... for Your Faithfulness.... I love You above all else........

Happy New Year, my precious friends and Family!  I wish you all Peace and Joy in 2013 and always!
Jenni

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours, Jen! May God richly bless you all this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Thankful Post! Yes! I am so thankful for a God who loves me and is always so faithful! A very Happy and blessed New Year to you and your dear family.
    The card is beautiful!
    Much love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to read your testimonies of how the Lord has blessed you in your life. :)

    2012 was a difficult year for me, as it started with illnesses. Well, the illnesses are still with me, but by God's grace, I'm still here, alive, and able to move and breathe. On top of that, I have a husband to care and provide for me during my seasons of sickness.

    I'm not sure what the year 2013 will bring, but as you stated, those who trust in the Lord have nothing to fear. So, I am going to keep leaning and trusting in Him.

    Have a blessed New Year Friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dear Friend Jenni,
    You are one of the sweetest gals I know. I just cannot tell you how much I appreciate your prayer for me and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am blessed to have you for a friend. The card you made is so sweet, love the innocence of her look and the colors so soft and lovely. Hope your grandmother is doing well. Blessings...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenni!
    This was such a nice post, I hope your having a great new year so far :-) thank you for the little note you sent...I miss you too but I still visit and you can email me anytime you like. My mom wants me to open my blog again so maybe i will again some day...The fur babies are doing well...jade our Shepard mix did have to go to the vet over the weekend for a bladder infection but she is doing fine now. How is your sweet pup doing? She looks like she had a great Christmas! our newest Chloe, ripped her present open in no time...it was almost like she new what to do...lol! Have a great week sweet friend! Hugs and love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete