Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Caroling 2012


I was inspired to gather some singers for Caroling this year!  In the beginning, it was simply to sing a few songs for a Christmas Banquet for the "over fifty" crowd at our Church.... but the Lord had more for us to do than just that.....and I am so thankful for the awesome and dedicated singers that God has blessed our church with..... not only are they talented, they also gave of their time so generously for practices, and the actual caroling itself......I am praying for God to really bless them for their kindess and unselfishness....We were asked to sing for the Christmas Program.... (which we enjoyed very much) and a minister in our church asked us to go to his neighbor's house and carol..... (the neighbor had been in a very bad motorcycle accident and was feeling really down this Christmas Season)  and we were thrilled to go!  The man's hospital bed was set up in his living room....... and with his wife and father - in - law and grown children looking on, we sang our hearts out!  We had, of course been in prayer before we went over there..... and we were surrounded by the sweet Prescence of the Lord as we sang...... at one point I glanced over in the middle of directing the group in "Silent Night", and saw the man's wife wiping tears away...... and, Oh! My!  I knew exactly in that moment why the Lord had laid Caroling on my heart so strongly this year........that family doesn't know it, but singing for them was the highlight of the Christmas Season for  me this year........ 

We sang for the Banquet, too, and had so much fun!!!!  I had envisioned what I wanted as a backdrop for the Carolers.... and the picture above is how it turned out...... I think it looked so pretty......

My heart is full of Joy this morning...... I am reflecting on the past months of this year.... and filled with much hope and many dreams for the new year to come..........and the uppermost thought that keeps reaccuring is this: "How can I better Serve Him this year? What could I accomplish if I put Him first and myself last?"  Oh!!!!  I so want to find out..........   

4 comments:

  1. That is so nice that you were able to go caroling. I miss that so much. It seems that every year when our church goes, something comes up that keeps us from going. Our church group goes to a lot of different houses... shut ins ... nursing homes etc. and to each they give a huge food and fruit basket after we sing. This year Gary was sick and we didn't go. Christmas caroling is a real blessing!! Glad you enjoyed and were blessed! I hope you are doing well Jenni. Have a good weekend and a blessed New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so refreshing and encouraging, what a servant's heart you have, Jenni. Obedience is better than sacrifice, God knew ahead of time how much this lady and others needed some encouragement, thank you for being obedient.
    Wishing you and your family a most blessed, joyous, and Happy new year.
    love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dearest friend Jenni, Our Lord will bless you in many ways for what you do and this caroling I'm sure put a smile on His face. My Christmas was a sad one. Remember I had lost a dear cousin to breast cancer about 2 months ago well about a month another cousin passed away, she was older than I am and she fell, went to the hospital and never recovered from the fall. Didn't even decorate the house at all, I was just down. Then with the killings of all those precious children in CT, well you can imagine. But our Lord is amazing, I am feeling much better now and looking forward to 2013. By the way my birthday is 1-13-13 love the numbers and am excited. Blessings...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, dear Lu...you will be in my prayers....

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete