Saturday, December 15, 2012

Thoughts about 2 Timothy chapter 3

This a photo of the Nativity on top of my old piano...... we need Jesus so very much, precious friends... I am so thankful He is not a baby in the manger any longer but is my Risen Savior!

It seems like forever since I have blogged or even been able to read my favorite blogs, dear friends..... I miss y'all so much..........
Hmmm..... well, what I am going to say today is not popular..... and people don't like to think about it... but I am so stirred up over this latest school massacre..... Oh!  God please help those parents and families that lost children and loved ones!!!!!!!!!!
Ever since I heard about it, my heart has been heavy with sadness..... as I am sure all of yours, have been, too......but I just kept thinking of 2 Timothy chapter 3..... couldn't get it out of my mind...... so I want to share a portion of it..... and some thoughts about it, with you........

2 Timothy chapter 3:

1: "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2: "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3: "Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent,  fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4: "Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

I kept thinking of the word "Fierce"......... and so decided to look it up and check the definition......

Here are some of the definitions of the word "Fierce":

Having a savage and violent nature; ferocious.
Extremely severe or violent; terrible.
Ferocious, furious, savage.
Violent - acting with, or marked by, or resulting from, great force of energy or emotional intensity; "a violent attack"; "a violent person"; "violent feelings"; "a violent rage".......etc 
tearing, vehement, trigger-happy, violent

This is definitely a blue - print of the day and hour in which we live, my friends.......and it's no accident that this word "Fierce" appears in 2 Timothy cha. 3 and verse 3........... the Holy Bible has an answer for every question......and if people would just read it, and ask God to help them understand it.... they would KNOW what's going on in this old world today.........

I want to cling to it for dear life......... it is a life - preserver for the drowning one, going down for the last time..... it's a map for this journey called life...... it is sweet succour for the soul..... comfort for the weary, the wounded, and broken, and sorrowing......and it is always, ALWAYS accurate, perfectly on - target, and TRUE!!!!!!!!! If it's in the Bible you can "bank on it"!!!!!! no doubts about it..........

2 comments:

  1. So true, friend! Lots of prayers are going up.

    Let us hold to 2 Tim. 1:7 I'm clinging to this verse for several reasons. God is a refuge. So thankful I know Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The times are changing for the worst it seems, but as you have stated, the bible makes it very plain that these things are to come, so as Christians, we shouldn't be overly surprised.

    I pray that all of us will continue to cling to His word and heed the wisdom found there until Christ returns.

    ReplyDelete