Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cute Snowman Christmas Card

Hello, everyone!  Goodness, it's getting closer and closer to the "Big" Day, isn't it?  Have you got most of your "To Do" list checked off?  I surely haven't!!!  Usually by this time every year I have most of my gifts bought and wrapped and under the tree..... and I definitely have all my Christmas Cards sent out..... NOT THIS YEAR, Though!  Whew...... I have been enjoying working with the Christmas Caroling group I got together, though......... Oh my!  It's such fun!!!  I thought I'd share a pic of one of the Christmas cards I crafted ...... isn't that snowman darling???? He's from Crafty Secrets..... 

One song that I am LOVING right now is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" by Steven Curtis Chapman..... if you haven't heard it, you need to give it a listen... it is especially meaningful in light of the tragedy in Connecticut......I have always loved Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poetry anyway.....and S. C. C.'s setting of this particular poem to music is so beautiful......I just listened to it again..... and it makes me want to bawl every time I hear it.... please listen, you'll see what I mean!

Oh and Y'all, last week I received the gorgeous things I won in Jennifer's giveaway..... her blog was called: A Little Pink and a Little Pretty...... OH MY!!!  You should have seen me opening that box.... it was like an early Christmas!!!  I will try to share some photos of the goodies she sent.... later, when I am FINALLY able to take some more pictures...... She was a Dearheart to have the giveaway....and I still can't believe I actually won!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win Jenni! That is awesome!! I can't wait to see your goodies.
    I am not ready at all for Christmas. But Friday will be my last day of work for this year... so I imagine then I will get ready for sure!
    Hope your having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni, Thank you so much for your visit, always a pleasure to have you. Yes have heard I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, it's a very special song. My heart has been broken, crying and praying for everyone. Such a loss in Connecticut, these little angels were robbed of their life here on earth but know that our Lord welcomed them with open arms. I received a beautiful poem about this but too long to type it here. Perhaps will put it up on my blog. Hope you enjoy a holy and blessed Christmas...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jen. Love the song. Sung by a man who has known the sudden loss of a child himself. There just really are no words. I have none. Thankfully we know that our GOD bottles up every tear we cry. Truly trying to find joy throughout the season...but it seems to be so hard. Blessings to you! Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni, please visit my blog to see the lovely poem I told you about. Hugs...Lu

    ReplyDelete