Monday, January 21, 2013

Some "Spring - y" thoughts... and Sowing and Reaping

What is it about fresh flowers that can lift our spirits? I love to buy a big bouquet from Kroger's..... they just make me smile!! The colors in this bouquet reminded me of Spring, so I got out one of my pink bunnies... and set her beside the vase... can you tell  I'm longing for Spring??  **Smile** I had bought a medium sized galvanized tub last year to plant flowers in, but never got around to it, so I have also been trying to imagine what I'll plant in it this year.... because even thinking about flowers in bloom makes me happy!

 And I am trying to think too, about what else I can "plant"... I want to sow some seeds of kindness this year... and I want to lay up some treasures in Heaven, too...like Mathew 6 : 20 says:

"But lay up for yourselves treasure in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:"

And I need to plant many, many seeds in my "Garden of Prayer".... those kinds of seeds bear the most beautiful "flowers".... and what they bring forth has eternal results!!  I am hungry, dear friends..... but it's not a physical hunger.... it's a Spiritual hunger.... a deep down hunger of the soul.... a longing to draw nearer to my Precious Lord.... a desire to see backsliders come home to the Lord...... and to witness new converts - those who may not know anything about God --- filled with God's Holy Spirit.... and baptized in Jesus' Precious name......

I am reminded of Psalms 126:6: "He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." 

Oh God, let this be a "fruitful" year....... and help me to remember that "sowing" requires effort.... and that the return, and the joy of the harvest will make every moment spent laboring So well - worth that effort!!!!  

3 comments:

  1. I am longing for spring too, Jennie, your spring bouquet and arrangement so pretty. You already sow seeds of kindness, and your posts are always so encouraging. Your heart for God always encourages me to reach higher and higher.
    I especially loved your final prayer,
    Blessings,Sue.
    p.s.
    loved your last post, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words!! I need to sow more seeds of kindness....be more like Jennie!!...Thanks for the scriptures. Love you!
    Ps. My family was looking at Sis. F's picture slideshow...everyone wants to know "is Johnny older or younger than Aaron?" LOL So if you could stop the "family feud" around here...LOL...much obliged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sweets! :-) first off, I love the glasses...they are sooooo youuu darling...lol! I'm happy to see you can post pics again. Those flowers are so beautiful and springy even though I'm not ready for spring...I still love flowers anytime of the year. I love the bunny, I keep a lot of mine out year round. I look forward to planting my flowers this year too,there is something about planting that makes everything look brand new and fresh after a cold snowy winter. I do pray for a fruitful year....new year, new beginnings. Have a great day friend! Hugs and love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete