Friday, May 27, 2011

A Lovely Evening........



( These aren't the best pics I've ever taken, but definitely not the worst, either.... haha! I hope they give you a glimpse of what we saw this evening)

This evening, my Mom, sister and I, decided to go have seafood for dinner. We drove to the Kemah Boardwalk, which is well - known and loved in our area, for having lots of good restaurants, as well as several rides and a boardwalk area with old - fashioned, boardwalk - type midway games. There is also a shopping area which features souveniers, A Christmas shop, a ladies' clothing store, as well as shops filled with candles, purses, figurines, etc.

Our favorite place to stop is the Thomas Kincaid Gallery. We go in to intently study those awesome paintings and prints....... and how we dream of owning one someday! They are out of our price range at the moment.... but at least they are there for us to enjoy every time we visit Kemah, right?

Tonight we really enjoyed our yummy fried shrimp, stuffed crab, salad and garlic bread..... and we stopped in for home made type fudge at the Boardwalk fudge shop....... (but don't tell anyone, ok?)

The Kemah Boardwalk is situated right on a Bay that leads into Galveston Bay, which flows into the Gulf of Mexico........ tonight was a gorgeous evening! We sat for a while near the water and just let the breeze ruffle our hair, talked, and watched the sailboats go by....... it was nice and relaxing........

I am thankful for the time I had tonight with my two favorite ladies in the whole world, my Mom and my sister!


3 comments:

  1. This does look like a great evening Jenni, and a great place to visit.I too am so thankful for my mother and sisters. I have visited Texas and I have found that it has the best restaurants in the country.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such fun! And yes, we have pretty great restaurants here in the Lone Star State....

    Louisiana does too!

    Thanks for visiting today, dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and that's one reason why I have such a hard time on the diet! haha!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete