Saturday, May 7, 2011

For My Precious Mother...





(A Pretty Handmade Bow and gift bag full of goodies for Mom)


She did not give birth to me, but she is my Mother. She is the one that held me close when I was a little over a day old, and took me into her heart, as if I had been her own flesh and blood......

God Himself picked her to be mine.... The one that would nurture me, love me, and care for me. I have so many memories of her sitting up with me at night when I was ill, for I have athsma and lots of allergies, and was in and out of the hospital entirely too many times! She would sleep in the double bed in my room beside me, staying up late, reading a book or magazine, and keeping her ear open to hear the slightest change in my often labored breathing, making sure I took my medicine, and keeping an eagle eye on my fever.....she took such good care of the child entrusted to her charge!

Another memory that is dear to me, is how that she never allowed my sister or me to be late for Church.... "Church starts at prayer time," she would say, "get moving! You don't need to be late!"


And now Mom has become is my friend, as well.... the one that always laughs at my jokes, encourages me no matter what, and commiserates with my disappointments......



She is my precious Mother, and I love her so!

Happy Mother's Day Mom..... and Happy Mother's Day to every Mother..... You are cherished and you are loved!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,What a sweet tribute to your mom. You and your family are some of the most dearest friends I have on this earth!Happy Mothers Day Sandra! Love you, Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are one of our "nearest and dearest" too!

    Mom was so touched by your wishing her a "Happy Mother's Day"....

    the same to you dear friend!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tribute to your Mom, Jenni. my mother has become my best friend too, and I too am so blessed to have her. Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's not my mom either, but I sure do love that lady!! You tell her I said that. Tell her Happy Mother's Day for her "other" kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Sue!I just love seeing your name pop up on here with a comment! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.....

    And you are right! We are so blessed to have our dear, precious mothers....

    hugs,
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kelli, Mom is pretty partial to you, too... and you are right about the "other kid" part... she claimed you and Chas long ago!

    We love you so much, and MISS YOU! We were talking about you the other day... were your ears burning? hehe. It was all good though...
    Luv you!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenni! It sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day With your Mom :o) I called my mom and visited with her for quite awhile since we don't get to see each other as often as we would like. There's another one of those perfect bows!!! your so good at them, mine still come out blah! Have a great week! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so kind, Jennnifer.... thanks for the compliment on the bows, it means a lot coming from a "Crafty Diva" like you!

    I am so glad you got to visit with your mom on the phone! That must have been wonderful!

    And I just love the new wash stand your hubby got for you..... he sounds like a keeper.... hehe. Thoughtful and sweet!

    Have a great day dear friend!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Sis. F. and thanks for visiting today, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    Blessings, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so beautiful Jenny! How blessed you AND your mom are!! Happy Mothers Day (late-sorry) to both of you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious..... God has a special place for all of us! Glad that He placed you there early in life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bobbi.... you are so right! Mom and I are both so blessed..... thanks for stopping by and leaving a kind and caring word.... I appreciate it!
    Hugs
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Tara.... yes, God knows just right where our "niche" is, doesn't He? And His Plan is always perfect!

    Have an awesome day!
    Hugs,Jenni

    ReplyDelete