Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Lion's Den

Last night I walked into a "Den of Lions......" it was terrifying, it was stressful, and it made my stomache hurt..... but I will say this without doubt: "My God was with me in that lion's den, and He did not leave my side".... I cried out to Him at one point and I felt His strength and His Prescence cover me like warm oil..........soothing, reassuring, comforting, and so Real......

And He stopped the mouths of the lions.

I am thinking of how in the book of Daniel (need to look up the chapter and verse) the king asked " Oh Daniel has thy God delivered thee?"

With Daniel, my answer is a resounding "Yes!"

Praise the Name of Jesus!
And now I want to weep, because my God is so good!

4 comments:

  1. God is so gracious, isn't HE?!! Yes, He is! :) I have had situations where I felt like Daniel in the Lion's den myself. It's no fun, and yes, it makes your stomach hurt. It's stressful and terrifying too. I've actually prayed to myself during those times and spoken these words: Lord, shut the mouths of the lions. Psalm 35:17, David had the same kind of prayer. God knows just how to come to the rescue!! Psalm 35:18, I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.
    As you can probably tell I really like Psalm 35. :-) Hugs*md

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl.... Thanks for the encouragement... I am gonna go read Psalm 35, here in a few minutes. Our God is so awesome.... if we could just get a glimpse of how Mighty and Powerful He really is.....

    I love Him so much.....

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, Your post reminded me of a song that we sang in church the other night. I found the answer, I learned to pray, with faith to guide me, I found the way, the sun is shining for me each day, I found the answer I learned to pray. Even on days when we are going through stormy weather the sun can still shine through Him. Love & Prayers, Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful song, Jaime... thanks for thinking of it and sharing it with me.... Yes, Prayer is the best answer to trials... and even when the wind howls and the rain lashes and the lightening flashes in our lives, we can have sunshine and peace in our souls because of Jesus Christ.... He is the "Master of the Wind" all He has to do is say "Peace be Still"....

    Luv you!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete