Monday, May 23, 2011

The Kindness of Friends......















I am so thankful today for all of the friends God has put in our lives...... What a blessing each of you is! Our friends Jack and Brenda sent the beautiful bouquet above, and we just cried when we received it..... Isn't it pretty?

The Gorgeous Ivy and card came from our Veternarian and his office staff, who have become friends as they cared for Jazz over the past eleven years.......they wept with us on Wednesday, as we said goodby to our baby ......



On Friday evening I was pretty upset, and told the Lord "My heart is broken, Lord, please help me!" Our dear friends Kerri and Robert had invited me, and my sister and brother - in - law out to dinner, and I was not feeling up to going, so Kim and Aaron went, and I ended up going to Wal - mart for some things I needed.... When I returned home, Kerri and Kim had gotten me some gifts and left them, one of which had this scripture emblazoned on the top:

Psalms 147:3 "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

Isn't Jesus Amazing??? I love Him so much!


And I am so thankful for all of the comments that have been left on this blog, they have helped, encouraged and blessed me and my family during this time........ I have some kind, gentle spirited and compassionate blog friends, too, who do not think it's silly for a family to weep and grieve when they lose their dear, cherished animal friend......


I love you all,

Jenni

6 comments:

  1. Jen, I hope you are doing better. My heart hurts for you. I have known you for so long and realize all the time we have been friends you have had Jazz. He was so much more than just your pet he was your companion. I don't have the words to tell you how I feel but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a little better..... still sad, though, the worst is coming home, I would sing out to him as I walked through the door, and then get down and hug him and get a kiss.....

    thanks for praying, love you!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up we always had a dog. I hate that my boys haven't had that privilege.
    I remember two occasions where we lost a pet to death. Many tears!

    Jazz was your baby! You'll never forget him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know the boys would enjoy a dog.... maybe someday, huh? They need some puppy kisses on those cute faces....

    And you are right... I'll never forget my baby.....

    Am working on a scrapbook right now.... I'm so glad we took so many pictures of him!

    Love you!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful scripture to be given you at just the right time. Isn't God awesome!! These tokens are friendship are absolutely wonderful. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbi, I have just clung on to that Scripture and have been quoting it repeatedly. I am so Thankful for God's Word... and that Jesus is The Comforter. No-one can Comfort like He can!

    And He has given me such wonderful friends.... (and blog-friends) that just are such a strength of heart and an encouragement!
    I love you all!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete