Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"What a Friend We Have in Jesus"

My family has been going through something rather frightening since last Friday.... it has been stressful and worrisome....

About an hour ago, however, I heard that Beloved Voice speaking to my Soul....to come and spend time with Him.... and to lean on Him.... and to tell Him all about it.... and to rest in the Comfort of His Spirit.....

Oh what a beautiful call! Oh what a Beautiful Voice! There is no music ever written; no melody yet to be created that can match the beauty of that much loved voice.....

And so I talked to the Master..... and those moments spent in His Prescence are beyond precious to me... for I found the peace and reassurance that I so need right now...... as I prayed, the words to an old song came to my heart, and so I thought I would share them with you......

"What a Friend We Have in Jesus"
words by Joseph M. Scriven, music by Charles C. Converse

What a friend we have in Jesus, All our sins and griefs to bear
What a privilidge to carry, Everything to God in prayer
Oh what peace we often forfeit, Oh what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry, Everything to God in prayer

Have we trials and temptations, is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged, take it to the Lord in prayer
Can we find a friend so faithful, Who will all our sorrows share
Jesus knows our every weakness, Take it to the Lord in prayer

Are we weak and heavy laden, Cumbered with a load of care
Precious Savior still our refuge, Take it to the Lord in prayer
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer
In His arms He'll take and shield thee, Thou wilt find a solace there.

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing this was to me today! A great reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I need to remind myself, too, that We can run crying to Him with every little thing in our lives....and He is always loving and caring and interested.

    I've had to tell Him many times, "Lord, I can't handle this right now, it hurts to much! But I know I can if You will help me! and He always does....

    I Love you, Sis. F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read this post as I was catching up on my blog visits. Sorry to hear trying times are have visited your home. What a comfort to know we are never alone. This song is one of my favorites also.
    Blessings,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,as always, for stopping by, Carolyn! I just peeked at your blog, too, and love that photo collage! Merry Christmas, Bloggy friend!

    ReplyDelete