Thursday, December 2, 2010

Aiden named him "Frosty"...

Something cute happened at Piano Lessons the other day. I had set this Snowman on a snowy wreath, and added white lights, and placed him in the room where I teach lessons. One of my cute little five-year-old students came into the room and immediately saw him. His face lit up, and he said "Miss Jen, what's his name?"
"He doesn't have a name," I answered.
"He doesn't have a name?" Aiden asked in shock.
"No, he doesn't. Would you like to name him?"
"Uh huh!"
"Ok, what's his name, then?" I asked.
"His name is Frosty!" he said excitedly.
"Wow! That's a good name," I answered. "From now on, his name is Frosty!"
So now we have our very own "Frosty the Snowman".... proudly named by Aiden Marquis!

After we began the lesson, I had Aiden play "Jingle Bells," and we sang the lyrics together after he played it, and then we sang the note names, as well. He has a sweet little voice, and can hold the tune very well! I had to smile, though, because everytime we would get to the word "sleigh" he would get excited and REALLY sing it out! (It was so cute! I wish y'all could have heard him) Well, then I asked him to play the song, not singing, just playing, so he could listen to himself playing the notes. As we neared the end of the song, I thought: "He won't be able to resist singing out that last word!" and sure enough, after playing in silence, he just had to sing "Sleigh!" with lots of enthusiasm.
He is such a doll, and I always enjoy teaching him. Frankly, I have a blast!! Every teacher should teach a cute little man like Aiden.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Jenni, I did so enjoy meeting Aiden,He sounds like a joy too. And reading your post You sound like a wonderful teacher, and yes I can tell that you really enjoy teaching. And I think Frosty is a very good name for your snowman. I enjoy watching the christmas shows that come on during this season.
    I haven't been blogging to much lately as I have been so busy, so I will try and catch up today. Your Christmas tree in the previous post is beautiful. I can decorate a tree, but haven;t yet mastered the art of bow making. I say every year "this year I will learn how to do this right." lol
    The tree with the gingerbread men I like too, I plan to bake some real ones and add to my tree in the kitchen, but can't decide to do it this week or wait until our granddaughters come home for Christmas. Maybe both. lol.
    I am so glad that you take the time to remind us all about the true meaning of why we celebrate this most blessed season. It is so easy to get caught up in all of the other things.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue! You are right, I really do love teaching. It's such fun to share music with others.

    And what fun baking gingerbread with your granddaughters. That sounds like such a "Christmasy" thing to do, and fun for everyone involved.

    thanks for stopping by my "World" today...

    ReplyDelete