Sunday, August 1, 2010

One Service - A Priceless Jewel Along the Way

Tonight is Sunday night. My favorite evening of the entire week. Sundays, for a child of God, are infinitely precious. I can look back over my life, and, for the most part, know where I was every Sunday for the past thirty - six years. (my parents first brought me to church at a year old) If I wasn't sick or on vacation, I was usually in the house of the Lord.

What a service we had tonight! The power of God was so strong, it is hard to even describe how wonderful it felt to be there worshipping Him in the midst of it all. At one point as the Choir sang accapella: "Holy Holy Holy -- is the Lord God Almighty -- Who Was and Is and Is to Come..." the very air seemed to vibrate with our praise, and His nearness.

I wept and worshipped and praised and felt every burden and care sink into nothingness. After the Choir finished singing, I stepped out of the sanctuary and could still hear the praise and prayer and adoration making the rafters ring. I kept thinking: "There is joy in the camp... my goodness... what a beautiful sound... Saints of God praising in the House of the Lord..."

Later, I left, and drove my grandmother home, and, as I passed the Church again on the way home, my heart just overflowed with thanksgiving... there is absolutely no way to estimate the value of one service! The entire course of one's life, the past can be wiped away and the future can totally change -- all in one service. A person can enter that service burdened and worried, and leave feeling so light and free and filled with Holy Ghost joy, and peace beyond understanding. Healings, miracles, deliverance and salvation, can all take place, and chains of bondage can also be broken in one service! Thank God for every time the saints gather in His Name...

I don't want to ever find myself in Church thinking "Here we go again, another average service...." I want to enter with expectation and hunger and devotion -- for that one service may be the very one in which I get my prayer answered and my need met...for HE is there, just waiting for us, if we will focus on Him, and if we reach out with hungry hearts and hands, He will fill us...

Aren't we blessed to be a part of the True Church that is Alive and well, especially in these tumultuous times? Praise the Lord! I must say also, that I have never gone to a service hungry for a touch from the Lord, and left without receiving that touch and getting my need met. Oh thank You Lord for EVERY service... each one is more precious to me than gold... and each one sparkles on the journey of my life like rare and priceless jewels along the way... glittering and glistening in the part of my heart filled with memories of the most beloved and treasured times...

3 comments:

  1. A powerful testimony to what God is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tammie! Yes, the Lord moves in mysterious ways... His wonders to perform! (there's an old song that goes something like that, I think!) Love y'all lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks, Scott, for checking out the blog. I am so glad that you both are enjoying it! Luv you lots

    ReplyDelete