Friday, August 20, 2010

Another Fun Friday Night...

I have just returned home from time spent with around 22 precious ladies from Church. Sisters in the Lord are so very dear to me. I have always heard that "friends are the family you get to choose for yourself", and I would like to add to that! "Sisters in the Lord are the sisters that God puts in your life to strengthen, encourage, and bless you..."

First we went to have some Tex-Mex, and then to a musical. It was such fun that I could not help thinking how truly wonderful it is to be a part of the Family of God. We can enjoy one another's company, worship together, and, when the going gets tough, we are there for one another. That has been brought home for me lately in a very big way.

Our Assistant Pastor's wife has been such a strength to someone in my family that has been going through a trial. I have watched, and thanked God for her many times! And she hasn't been alone in her ministering. Another Sister in the Lord, our dear friend Kerri, has also shouldered the load and been such a blessing; praying, offering wise counsel, or just lending a listening ear... another friend, Tara, has also spoken words of encouragement... one day I just know their reward will be so very great, for our Lord takes notice of such things, and His rewards are so beautiful... (and of course, He is the best Friend of all...)

Tonight was such a relaxing and enjoyable time of fellowship. My precious earthly sister was with me, also, and so that made it even better. Now it's off to bed with a happy heart... what a wonderful Friday night!

8 comments:

  1. We did have a good time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for all the hard work getting it together, Kerri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a blast, we need to do it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...enough of all this fun talk. LOL Glad that you all had a good time. I did enjoy being with the College and Careers class too. Loved getting to know some of our future church better. :-) Jenn...you're always kind. Love my friends!! Thanks. Thankful for trials too because when you get through them, God can always turn it into good for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun in S. A. but we did miss you and Davina on Fri. I kept thinking "I wish Tara and Dav. were here, then it would be perfect!" ;-)

    You are right about God using our trials to help someone else.... and we love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, we DO need to do it again! Although, with Conner running around, you get your own "musical comedy" every day, right? Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a blast! Enjoyed the food and fellowship!
    You are a great Sister in the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And we know our favorite "Flower Lady" got tickled at the Cowardly Lion. I kept looking over there and giggling 'cuz you were giggling so hard.... it was fun! I needed that... Luv you

    ReplyDelete