Friday, August 6, 2010

Friendship On A Friday Night

It is late, and I just arrived home from a wonderful time spent with dear friends. My sister and I, and our friends Kerri and Yvette, all went to see My Fair Lady at our local little theater. Yvette's little girl Maddie got to go with us when another friend canceled at the last moment. I kept sneaking peeks at her in the theater, watching her watching the actors, and thought she looked so cute as she intently looked and listened. She didn't miss a thing! children are such precious gifts from God...

I am so thankful for the friendships the Lord has brought into my life. After the show, we were talking about how that Kerri, her sister Kristi, and Kim and myself have a tradition of going to musicals that goes back to our early teen years. I still treasure the memories of the girls that we used to be, and am thankful that our friendship has endured. We are still going to musicals together, all these years later.

My roots are deeply planted into the bedrock of Texas, but I also have friends that have moved away to other states. No matter how far away each of them is, though, we are still united by that enduring and wonderful bond called friendship. We may not see each other often, but we still keep in touch weekly, (if not daily), and my life is greatly enriched and blessed by each email, phone call, and card or letter.

I am tired now, but is a good kind of tired; the kind of tired that comes after a busy day, topped off with time spent in the company of those you enjoy... and that was the perfect way to end a Friday evening in the late Summer...

5 comments:

  1. I remember going to a certain musical with you in Galveston that you made soooo much fun of me because I was triping over my words talking to that guy. Not cool Jen, still just not cool lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a very good time last night. The play was great and excellent "for Baytown" lol! I so remember the days your mom would take us to musical and plays. Remember that one time we went to Galveston and bought sailor hats. Was that when we went to see South Pacific?

    Let's do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Ha! Girl, you just made me smile! Remember Danny Zuko??

    I am racking my brain, can't remember you tripping over you words though...

    Kelli, We used to have SUCH fun, didn't we?? Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was "South Pacific" now that you mention it. We had such good times... Let's DEF. do it again. And last night was sooo good, especially for "BAYTOWN" LOL! I laughed so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, were we standing near the stage?? I think I remember now... and I was laughing cuz you were so cute talking to him...

    and HE was pretty cute too, as I remember

    (but it was pretty funny)

    you and Chas were so young, y'all were like my sweet little sisters... and we had a blast together!

    ReplyDelete