Saturday, June 22, 2013

We Are Still Standing... By HIS Grace



What a Month this has been my Friends.....What  a MONTH!!!!! I was robbed with a gun a few inches from my head the first weekend of the month.....But God didn't allow a hair of my head to be harmed.... didn't even allow the gunman to TOUCH me!

The following Sunday, my Grandmother passed out at the breakfast table...and wouldn't wake up..... and the Ambulance had to be called.... and it frightened us so!  But she revived and is doing well, today.....


My Dad lost his Job contract... was laid off on Weds. of this week..... but we are trusting the Lord Who has NEVER EVER failed us.... and I am telling you this.... I will let you know when Jesus gives him another Job, and It WILL be soon.....I can speak in faith because My Lord Never Lets us Down!

Today, My Uncle, (who is unsaved, by the way) was in a  wreck... a man with a load of long PVC pipe BACKED into him from a driveway.... onto a main road..... and shattered his windshield, knocked his side mirror off and bent his side and his hood.... BUT HE IS OK!  It went into the passenger side of the windshield, you see.... and he wasn't harmed..... if, however, it had gone over a few inches into the driver's side.... he would surely have been hurt..... but My GOD had Mercy on him and kept him safe, and I praise Him for it......

And there have been other things... my precious Friends... that have hurt so badly.....where all I could do was weep and Beg God to help me make sense of it all.....because I just couldn't even begin to understand how to process it all.... and I actually thought, "My Lord, what ELSE can happen this month?" Have you ever had times like these?? Sure You Have!!! We ALL do!!!!

I am reminded of this Scripture found in the Bible:

Psalm 34:19: "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all."

Now, it doesn't say the LORD delivereth him out of SOME of them..... it says ALL OF THEM!!

Mom and I were driving down the road late last night.... and I said to her.... "Well, it's been one rough month hasn't it?  But We Are Still HERE!"

And that's true!  We may have lain there, punch - drunk, on the mat for a bit....our heads spinning and our vision clouded.... while the Ref counted.... But by God's Wonderful, Loving Grace.... We Got Up!!!!

So rather than having a pity party..... I am doing what King David did in the Bible! Please let me share it with you.... for I gain so much strength from this story in God's Word...and I know you will too!.

1 Samuel chapter 30:

1:"And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;
2: "And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way.
3: "So David and his men came to the city,and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons,and their daughters, were taken captive.
4: "Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.
6: "And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of  all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God."

So thats what I'm doing.... my Friends.... I am encouraging myself in the One that will NOT fail me.... never has, never will!  My heart is full of Joy and Praise to Him.... my refuge, my strength, my strong tower and My Peace.....AND I encourage you to read the whole, beautiful, 30th chapter of 1 Samuel.... because you will find that God helps David and his men to "pursue and recover all" that was stolen from them!!EVERYTHING!!THAT'S the kind of Amazing God He Is.....  

So Be Encouraged, today, Precious Friend.... I am!!!

2 comments:

  1. My gosh sweetie! And I thought I was the only one having a bad month...you definitely have me beat. I'm so sorry things have not been going so well for you. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing good now, that is the most important thing. Your spirits are always high and you are so positive about everything, you are an example of what faith is. Sometimes I forget and I lose my faith in the world but then I read one of your posts and my faith is restored. Thank you for all the inspiration you give us! I hope your father is able to get another job really soon, your all in my prayers. Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that was rough going! I hope all things will be alright! God Bless. sandie

    ReplyDelete