Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I was Robbed At Gun Point... But my GOD took care of me!!!

Yes dear Friends.... Sunday Night after Church I was robbed in my own driveway... I opened the door of my car to get out.... and a man stepped up and held a gun a few inches away from my forehead, and said: "Give me your cell phone and purse NOW!"  He had the lower part of his face covered with a white cloth.... all I could see was his eyes....and I was so Scared... I knew if I moved the wrong way... the gun could go off... or if I made him mad he could kill me right there......or drag me out of the car and do something terrible to me.... I thought that's why he wanted my cell phone... so I couldnt call anyone...

But my God had already gone before me!!! Every Sunday afternoon, I take a lunch bag to choir practice with Ice in it.... and a cold Dr. Pepper and some kind of crackers or something.... so that I can have a cold drink and a snack if I need it.....(I get low blood suger sometimes, or get too hot)

This lunch bag looks like a darling little black and white striped and polka dot purse.... just like a purse.... but is insulated on the inside...after Church service on Sunday nights.... I ALWAYS put it in the BACK SEAT of my car with my choir music.... ALWAYS!  But this SUNDAY I put it in the FRONT SEAT of my car.....

And when that "Moron Jerk" stepped up and demanded my purse.... I thought I gave him my purse... I really did!  I was sooooo scared....and he thought I gave him my purse... But it was my lunch bag... filled with melting ice and a half drunk Dr. Pepper!!!!! and HE TOOK IT, AND MY CAR KEYS AND RAN AWAY!!!!! (and today I went outside with my Mom and looked at the front seat of the car... where my REAL purse... a very nice, expensive Coach bag was sitting during the whole thing.... and I realized it was in PLAIN SIGHT THE WHOLE TIME AND HE NEVER SAW IT!!!!!!!!)

I really still thought I had given him my purse until the policeman found it on my car seat..... and I realized I had given him the lunch bag.... and we all had a good laugh!!!! My Beloved Savior Jesus Christ not only protected me from harm.... He even spared my purse and wallet and belongings from that Jerk.... Praise God!!!  

There were four such robberies this past weekend.... mine was the third... and everyone else lost cash and wallets and credit cards and things.... (and I am sooo sorry for their loss....) but I only lost my keys and lunch bag and a half empty Dr. Pepper!!!!!! The Policeman said "It served him right!" and I agree with him....

I woke up Monday morning after it happened, rather scared.... and was praying and telling God about it.... and I picked up my Bible, and it fell open to Psalm 56:11: "In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me."

And I just wept and thanked God... He was letting me know not to fear that man....because He, Almighty God is taking Care of me!!! He was there during the incident... and He will ALWAYS be there to protect me......

My heart is Filled with Praise for my Amazing Awesome God!!! Thank You, My Jesus!!  You are everything to me.....

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenni ... I am so sorry that happened to you, but thank the good Lord He was there with you. I hope they catch that guy soon so you can put it out of your mind for good. Praise God, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH JENNI!! How horrible!!! But how WONDERFUL is our GOD! Please tell me they caught the evil one! What a testimony! And not only did He save you but He led you to His Word of confirmation that He was with you and always will be! Thank you so much for sharing this with me today. You are often on my prayer list, but usually I ask for good health and no more pneumonia. Who would have thought I'd be needing to pray for you as you were robbed at gunpoint??? **SIGH** I am so glad you are okay! (hope the evil one chokes on his lunch) oops. did I say that? (((((HUGS)))) Love you Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read your first email, this scripture came to mind:
    You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you
    Isaiah 26:3

    May you continue to live in peace my dear friend and have no fear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! my Jenni, what a great God we serve, you were certainly dwelling in the secret place of the most High and abiding under the shadow of the Almighty! Praise the Lord! I would loved to have seen the robbers expression when he opened your lunch bag, what a hoot!!
    Giving thanks with your for God's Amazing Grace of protection.
    I hope they soon catch him, I am going to start praying right now!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stopping by from Bobbi's blog. I am so glad you are OK and didn't lose anything of value other than your keys. Served the guy right. It happened to me too once and the guy got away with nothing. I got everything back, except the actual purse and only had about one dollar in cash. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbi sent me over for a visit. Girl, I don't know what I would have done - more than likely passed out on the driveway. I hope they caught the guy and I wonder what he thought of his "Take" that night. Things happen for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness you were so blessed! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't have your email to answer back - but I'm glad you came by and hope you come again and become friends. sandie

    ReplyDelete