Sunday, June 2, 2013

Why I have Hope....

              (This is a picture I painted a few years ago.... I love Bird's nests)

I've been thinking a lot about Hope.  To me, it often seems as if we live in a World that has lost hope....among people that see no reason to hope...And I must say that I'm so thankful that because of the Mercy and Grace of Jesus Christ... DO have Hope! And, I am so happy that ANYONE can have the Same Hope... If they will Seek the Lord Wholeheartedly....The RoadMap to finding such Hope through Salvation, is found in the Book of Acts, the second Chapter, in the Holy Bible.... and it's available for any that want it! Oh My! It IS possible to live in this World today with sweet, precious "Hope," dear Friends....

I love this verse of Scripture from Psalms...
Psalm 31:24: "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."

And also these two Scriptures from Hebrews...
Hebrews 6:18: "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope that is set before us:

verse 19: "which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast...."

and here are some Scriptures from Psalm 27.... they may not contain the word "Hope" in them... but, they will fill your heart with that emotion, I promise you!

Psalm 27: 1  "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Verse 3: "Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise aginst me, in this will I be confident."

Verse 4: "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after;that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple."

Verse 5: "For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock."

Verse 10: "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up."

Verse 14: "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."

2 comments:

  1. psalm 27:14....one of my favs. Hope you're doing well, my friend. Please pray for me as I have pulled my right knee. (being stupid of course-LOL,but it still HURTS!) Thank you for the scriptures. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these scriptures, Jenni, I agree there seems to be so many who seem to feel there is no hope, The answer is so simple, and you have shared this hope through His Word. God is so faithful! Thanks for praying for Susan, please continue to lift her up to the Lord.
    Much love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete