Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm a little Homesick....

Here in these early morning hours, I am feeling homesick. Homesick for a place I've never seen........ Oh but it's calling my heart...... for you see, the One I love most is there.... and my dear grandfather Papaw Johnnie is there.... some Aunts are there just waiting on us to arrive, my Grandmother Lillian is there, as well as dear loved friends from Church over the years.......

But the One I want to see most is my Best Friend....... He is my Savior, my Hope and my Joy..... how I long to sit at His feet for a while........ look up into His dear face and tell Him how much I love Him.......

An old song by the Southern Gospel group the Talleys has been on my mind today, it's called "Thinking 'bout home"..... have you ever heard it? the chorus says something like:

Thinking bout home,
thinking bout goin' home,
thinkin' bout leavin here,
ready to be movin on,
it won't be long until the sun will set and I'll be gone,
but until then, I'm thinkin' bout home



and then that brings to mind another "homesick" kind of song that I love, called: "The Hills of Home are calling me" by Dottie Rambo. Those lyrics say:



The holy hills, of Heaven call me,



to Mansions bright, across the sea



Where loved ones wait, and crowns are given,



When the hills of home, start calling me



This house of clay, is but a prison,



bars of bone, hold my soul



But the doors of clay are gonna burst wide open



When the angel sets my spirit free



I'll take my flight, like a mighty eagle,



When the hills of home, Start calling me



I see loved ones, over yonder



Tears are gone, and hearts are free...



And from the throne, my Savior beckons



and the hills of home, start calling me......



I'm happy and content here in this life, dear friends..... because of my Jesus... but somedays I just get a little homesick.....

4 comments:

  1. This post gave me goosebumps Jenni! Beautiful!!! Sometimes I get so wrapped up in this life that I'm not thinking about where I'm headed... This is a beautiful reminder and I thank you for that!! Love you sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so homesick too, Jenni, Thanks for sharing songs sung by two of my favorites, especially Dottie Rambo, she was always such an inspiration to me, and so anointed, as the Talleys too.
    Enjoy your week,
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, dear Ladies! Bobbi and Sue... I just love thinking about Heaven! It is beyond anything this earthly mind could ever imagine! And thank you both for stopping by and commenting... that always means so much to me!

    Big 'ol hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just passing through to say, "Hello." BTW, when you have a chance, can you send me your email address? Don't worry! Since I have comment moderation, I will NOT post your email public. :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete