Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Looking for the meaning

As I toil through yet another bout of illness with my lungs..... something just occured to me... could there be something I am missing spiritually through all of this illness? I am reminded of this scripture:
Phillipians 3:10 "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable to his death;"
I am also reminded of an old Song by Fannie Crosby:
I am Thine, Oh Lord,
I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me,
But I long to Rise
in the arms of Faith,
and be closwer drawn to Thee
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
to the Cross where Thou has died...
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord...
To Thy precious Bleeding side....
Consecrate me now,
to Thy service Lord,
By the Power of Grace Divine,
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.....

Is there something to be learned from this trial I am going through? For, while I do realize that some things that happen to us are just "Life"..... I also know this very well.... God can take bad situations, painful things... valleys, and times of suffering, and turn them into beautiful, good, and blessed things, times of refreshing and strength..... and great Faith can be born during these times........when we come through them and and see that His Mighty Hand was holding us and guiding us so gently and tenderly.... and yet so firmly......
Lord Jesus, please help me to "get it"..... whatever is to be learned from this.... reveal it to me I pray......in Jesus' Name......

4 comments:

  1. "Lord Jesus, please help me to "get it"..... whatever is to be learned from this.... reveal it to me I pray......in Jesus' Name......"

    Oh Jenni, you don't know how many times I have prayed these very words within my heart. {{{{hugs}}}}

    I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with your illnesses, again. May God continue to give you comfort and guidance. I'll be thinking about you . . .

    Friends,

    -Mara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, sweet friend....

    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenni, I am so sorry to hear that you are sick. Every morning in my 'alone time with God' I listen to a podcast from one of my favorite pastors who moved away and now preaches at another church. In one of his sermons he speaks of the 'seasons' of our lives and it has helped me to understand more about why we go through the trials we go through. I wish I could send you that podcast but I don't know for sure how... I will be praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbi, thanks for being such an encouraging, good friend!

    Hugs!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete